The 105th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer F-Act.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
I think, that was Jean Michel Jarre with Oxygene Part 2 in my earliest childhood.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first considerable gig was early in 2010 at the legendary Lothus Club (aka Labyrinth) in Zurich. I didn’t expect what happened there… can’t speak about details… 😉
My last gig was at 696 Club which is also based in Zurich. I played there after the Streetparade alongside Mental X and Van Bellen. Great experience…
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Hahaha… Should I be honest? My first self purchased record was the soundtrack of Oliver Maass. It was a german TV-series… Please don’t google it!!! Stop laughing!!! 😉
My last purchased physical record was the Streetparade Compilation 2014 which contains the track of the collaboration between DJ Dream and me.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Hmmmm… So many times I remember an afterhour in Zurichs former club Loop38… I played there early in the morning and the atmosphere was magical… The crowd was amazing and demanding at the same time. We pushed each other as if it was the peaktime of the night. So that’s my personal highlight…
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I’m a huge fan of all this christmas trash
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Difficult question… But first I think Danilo Raggini better known as DanSonic from Switzerland has a great potential. He’s producing on a very high level and he’s a great guy. The second one is Simon Molloy (SuprSi) from England. In the past I have made two remixes for him and I really like his stuff.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Everything I hear could be an inspiration. Musicians like Robert Babicz, M83, Cid Inc., Guy J, Gai Barone, SOHN and many others…
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
It would be an honour for me to remix Cid Inc. or Guy J and of course to be remixed of one of these two guys. Also it would be great, if Andre Sobota could make a remix of one of my tracks.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Definitely Suffused Music. Great releases all the time and RIGHT TAGS in the promo-mp3s!!! And other labels like Jetlag Digital, Limeroads, Old SQL, Soundteller Records and Baroque Records deserve also great attention.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Definitely Infinite Euphoria compiled by Ferry Corsten
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Beef, Raclette 😉
TV Show: Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad
Movie: Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, We Were Soldiers
Video Game: Do you have time for video games?
Album: Since it was released Airdrawndagger by Sasha
Track / Song: Lank – Run On Fumes (Gai Barone Closing Time Remix)
Producer / Band: Andre Sobota, Simos Tagias
Record Label: Soundteller Records, Suffused Music
Nightclub: CAFE GOLD in Zurich (CH), Schlaflos in Aarau (CH)
DJ: van Bellen, Marc Pole, John Digweed, Jesse Jay, Mental X
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Pachanga Boys with Time (Original Mix)
segment collected by Benjaminas Bagdonas.