The 106th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Matias Chilano.
1.If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
I have many tracks that solidified my love for electronic music!! but just to say one or two… “Gui Boratto – Arquipelago” , or “Paolo Mojo – 1983″ I heard it from Hernan Cattaneo Sequential Vol. 1 , I think that this tracks and all Sequential solidified my love for electronic music!! with these sound, I found what wanted hear!
2.What was your first and last DJ gig?
Year 2007 I started the Djing in a bar in my hometown, latest big gig was in a one of the biggest festivals of Argentina, made in Cordoba, called “Musica En El Desierto”, but I’m playing, luckily, regularly every weekend in clubs.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
I’m not a big fan to purchase music recordered, I remember that buy to listen a compiled some long time ago “VA – Azuli Presents: Danny Howells – Choice – A Collection Of Classics (2006)”, but I give it like gift some months later.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I’ve had many great moments and opportunities, but I think that I’m working and I’m in process to have a highlight!! I hope of course…
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I don’t know if its a surprise, but Im working in some originals tracks after a lot of time and I will prepare an album sometime in 2015!
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
today many people have the talent to surprise in some moment!
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
many too, today: Marco Bailey, Guy J, Wehbba & Smith, Dosem, Maceo Plex, Gabriel Ananda, Tale Of Us… Gui Boratto, all time!
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I’d like to make a remix to alan parsons project! I’m thinking the way to do it! and I would love to be remixed by, them that inspire me in this moment! 😀 to be sincere! I would like to be remixed by any producers that are in a step more than me!
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Yes! It’s true! I prefer all the labels that work with good quality music!! Bedrock, Lost & Found, microCastle, Sudbeat, Tronic, Tulipa, Suara are many for me!
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Sequentials Vol. 1 or 2 for me by Cattaneo!! I do not have Idols… but this marked me!!
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Pasta, Pizza
Drink: Vodka + RedBull
Drug: Lucky Strike, Coke
TV Show: The Simpsons, Football
Movie: Cinema Paradiso
Video Game: I do not play any video game.
Album: The Wall
Track / Song: Mammagamma
Producer / Band: Pink Floyd
Record Label: The first record label was interested in my “music” LuPS Records
Nightclub: All that I’m Playing!
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Marco Bailey & Tom Hades – Stars & Shines
Matias’ remix of Namatjira ‘Sequoia’ is out now on 3rd Avenue, you can purchase the release: here