The 133rd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Soulfinder.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
There’s too many to mention but I really loved “Ohmna” by Sasha. I first heard this played on a tape recording of Sasha & Digweed in 1996.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My First gig was a Massive House party organised here in Dublin, I was 16 years old and I played from 12 – 3 AM and the reaction I got off the crowd was immense.
My last gig was at ADE2013 in Club Panama when I played alongside Nick Warren & Hernan Cattaneo.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first record I purchased was Way Out West “Arjara” The last was Sasha Involver. It’s been a long time since I made the switch to digital
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Playing alongside Nick Warren & Hernan Cattaneo at ADE2012 & ADE 2013.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I have a slight hearing problem due to an illness i had when I was first born and as a result I had to wear a hearing aid when I was in school, but that didn’t stop me from getting involved in the music industry.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Shane Robinson is definitely one to watch for the future and Biologik, I know a lot of people know him as a producer but you got to see this guy play one of his Live Hardware sets. Also Vincent Furlong, I have collaborated a lot with him and he’s an incredible talent.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Matt Lange This guy is an incredible musician. Production and Engineering in his music is top quality.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Luckily I got to remix one of Matt Lange’s tracks this year, so that was something I was really happy with. I’d love to be remixed by Guy J, he’s such a great talent.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
I really like the likes of Baroque, Toes In The Sand, Bedrock, microCastle and Particles. The music is always consistence with these labels.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
That would have to be Sasha “Involver” from start to finish it’s breathtaking.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Mexican, Italian, Chinese
Drink: Cider, Southern Comfort
Animal: Dog (I’ve got a big snow white Labrador)
TV Show: Only Fools and Horses, Love Hate
Movie: The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
Video Game: I actually don’t play them at all but I enjoy a game of footy on FIFA the odd time.
Track / Song: Lostep “Burma” (Sasha’s Invol2ver Dub Mix)
Producer / Band: London Grammar
Record Label: Anjunadeep
Nightclub: Club panama (Amsterdam)
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Schiller – Das Glockenspiel (Humate Remix)
‘Gravity’ is out now on Baroque Records, you can purchase the release: here