The 28th episode of our 12 Questions series features Terje Saether. The Norwegian producer has a brand new remix out this week of Namatjira ‘Mawara’ on Symmetric Records. Please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with Terje below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Terje: Leftfield – Original
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Terje: The first was at a small club concept a friend of mine held in Oslo called Horst Tappert (from the guy who played Derric) early 2000, where there was four different concepts sharing each Thursday in a month. We were called Fresco. My last one was a live gig at Vegard from Of Norway’s birthday party.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Terje: The first 12″ i bought was Pet Shop Boys’ West End Girls. The last was Of Norway’s remix of Nolan’s Children Of House.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Terje: Releasing Scared on darkroom dubs and playing at the June 7th festival last year.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Terje: I can weld
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Terje: Vinny Villbass, Alexander Schanche
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Terje: Of Norway and Robert Solheim.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Terje: I would love to remix The Cure and to be remixed by Alex Niggemann.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Terje: Connaisseur Records and Aeon.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Terje: Coldcut’s 70 minutes of madness.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: Norwegian beer
Drug: Alchohol and then paracet
TV Show: Top Gear and Family Guy
Movie: Blade Runner
Video Game: Need 4 Speed
Album: Wish You Were Here
Track / Song: Camel Phat – Love 4 The D O G G, Guns ‘n Roses –
Producer / Band: Alex Niggeman
Record Label: Connaisseur Records and Aeon
DJ: Jon Carter, Coldcut, Kid Koala
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Terje: Underworld – Born Slippy
Terje’s remix of Namatjira ‘Mawara’ is out now on Symmetric Records, you can purchase the release: here