The 37rd episode of our 12 Questions series features German Angeleri. The Argentinean producer has a brand new EP entitled ‘Dangerous Game’ out now on Stellar Fountain. Please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with German below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
German: I have a lot of tracks, but would have to choose one certainly would be “Chab – Closer To Me” is the track that touches my heart.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
German: When I first started playing was about 4 years ago, I remember that day was very nervous, but had many friends and was something simple was hard to let go but that day is impossible to forget … The last one was little time makes a private event, many people were very funny people approached tell me that he liked the music, not being known costs to get the few dates here but there’s always great step
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
German: One of the first albums of electronic music I bought was “Hernan Cattaneo – Sequential Vol.1″ from those who remember, the same disk was lucky enough to hear live some of these tracks live hand when Hernan Cattaneo presented. The last album was “John Digweed – Live In Argentina” is excellent, and it is best to re-live the event through the disc.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
German: To be starting in the environment of electronic music recently I have a moment to highlight, I love being able to finish a Track and receives a label.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
German: Do not know if I have something to surprise people, I am a person like any other, outside of electronic music I am a fan of Nirvana, Metallica and the National Rock and Charly García.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
German: I think the great talents out for themselves in the light, there must be undiscovered but you could not name any right now, what I can say is that there are many who enjoy doing this and struggle every day to improve and many those to be getting into production in recent times, some are others are realizing it’s not what they like.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
German: There are many great producers that inspire me, “Eelke Kleijn is one of my favorite trends that was taking over the years is amazing, Guy Gerber, Henry Saiz, Denis A, Nick Muir, Jody Wisternoff, Kosmas Epsilon, WayWork, Matias Chilano… could name many more”
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
German: Well as I said in the previous question my favorite is Eelke Kleijn their productions and I love the path that is forming, so if I have to choose a track to remix would “Eelke Kleijn – 8 Bit Era”, and I would get to it someday be remixed by Eelke.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
German: Proton, Sudbeat, Stellar Fountain, Massive Harmony Records.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
German: For me the best album I heard was “Sasha – Invol2ver” to my view was good from start to finish, very well implemented many vowels, is the album that takes all my applause.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Chicken Verdeo
Drink: Champagne, Wines
TV Show: Criminal Minds, C.S.I
Video Game: Call Of Duty
Album: Nirvana/ Nevermind
Track / Song: Nirvana – Dumb
Producer / Band: Depeche Mode
Record Label: Stellar Fountain, Massive Harmony Records, 3rd Avenue
Nightclub: I do not have a club in particular at the time was much Pacha Buenos Aires, today I go to parties more to see Under new djs
DJ: John Digweed, Hernan Cattaneo, Eelke Kleijn
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
German: What a great question, I think I would go with an idea several come at once and the reaction of the people would see that use could be already named “8Bit Era”, a remix of “Chris Isaak – Wicked Games” I think that is the part more difficult … the last track is accompanied by a set of the night and the reaction of the people.
German’s ‘Dangerous Game EP’ is out now on Stellar Fountain, you can purchase the release: here