The 42nd episode of our 12 Questions segment features Fefo. The Argentinean producer has a new single (in conjunction with Verve) entitled ‘Montania’ out now on FutureForm Music. Please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with Fefo below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Fefo: I’ll never forget what I felt on a Friday night at the end of the decade of the 90’s while moving the radio dial, “Major North – Annihilate” appeared. It was Dario Arcas´s live radio show. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, that sound so underground… Then came all that emotional music from Bedrock and Yoshitoshi to finish fall in love.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Fefo: I still didn’t do it… I don’t work as a DJ.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Fefo: Sorry I don’t remember… I buy some music in digital format.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Fefo: So far I’m happy with what I did in my career. I could tell you that it was the first time I appeared on a record label, with a 12” single called “Plass – Treasure” (a duo formed by Dartek and I). But I like to think that the best is yet to come.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Fefo: He he mmm… I love cooking. I almost always record some ideas while I cook, this is how born the majority of my tracks.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Fefo: I think in these days, with the facilities that exist through the internet to reach DJs and labels, undiscovered talents are those who don’t want to be discovered.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Fefo: Barry Jamieson, Charlie May, Extrawelt, James Holden, Henry Saiz, Stephan Bodzin, Mathew Jonson, Apparat, and many many more.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? And who would you love to be remixed by?
Fefo: I’d love to remix a track from one of the artists of the previous question and would also be great to get a remix of some of them.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Fefo: Many… Traum, Bedrock, Natura Sonoris, Sudbeat, Last Night On Earth, Mooseekaa, just to name a few.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Fefo: Can I say more than one? “Sasha – Involver 1, 2, 3″ also “Hernan Cattaneo – The Master Series 1”
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Homemade veggie food.
Drink: Premium or craft beer.
TV Show: The Simpsons.
Movie: I don’t have a current favorite.
Video Game: Video games don’t attract me.
Album: Atoms For Peace – Amok, Moderat II, Autechre – Exai
Track / Song: Many.
Producer / Band: DM, Radiohead, and also indie bands.
Record Label: Several.
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Fefo: Probably would be my most recent track, I always have the compulsion of hearing the most fresh music he he.
Fefo & Verve ‘Montania’ is out now on FutureForm Music, you can purchase the release: here