The 49th episode of our 12 Questions segment features Argentinean producer Nico Ferrero.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Nico: My love for electronic music was born between 2003 and 2004 listening to artist like Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha, Martin Garcia, Anthony Pappa, Digweed, Deep Dish & Danny Howells among many other great artists. But if I had to choose only one song I liked for a long time would choose Freakout – Mushgroove & McGrath Balance 006 Anthony Pappa Disk.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Nico: I haven’t my first professional gig yet.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Nico: The first was 24:7 Danny Howells Global Underground and the last, Sasha Involv3r.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Nico: I think my career has just begun. My latest releases are the ones I like.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Nico: Between 2005 and 2007, I was a dj and played some well known clubs in Buenos Aires. When things started to get really fun and I was starting to go well, I lived the death of my son. Since then I lost the desire to play music and just wanted to lock me learn to produce music. Fortunately time passed and I could overcome my sadness. At this point I feel that I could defrost, coming alive in search of my dreams again. The Album ´Life´ I dedicated it to him.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Nico: Andrea Cassino, Tim Penner and Dmitry Molosh.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Nico: Andrea Cassino, Tim Penner, Dmitry Molosh, Martin Roth, Guy J, Waywork, Matt Lange, Cid Inc., Kay D, Pole Folder, Dousk…
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? And who would you love to be remixed by?
Nico: Still didn’t think a song especially, but I would love to be remixed by one of my favorite artists.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, Which ones if any standout for you?
Nico: I really like the labels with which I worked. I am thankful that they allowed me to show what I do.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Nico: All Master series of Hernan Cattaneo. They are my favorites.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Ethnic foods
Drink: Water, Wine.
Animal: Cats, Dogs
TV Show: Peligro Sin Codificar
Movie: It´s all gone, Baraka, Iron Man
Video Game: Pes
Album: Some disk Hernan Cattaneo if progressive house. Some search of sunrise of Tiesto to be on the beach. Sasha & Digweed – Communicate one and Sasha – Involver. And outside of electronic music I choose Dark Side of the moon by Pink Floyd.
Track / Song: Anarcrusand – In My Mind // Trozitos De Navidad – Marc Marzenit // John Creamer & Stephane K – Forget the world // Matthew Decay – If I Could Fly // Dousk – Estrange // Derek Howell – Happy to be Sad // Fritz & Paul Kalkbrenner – Sky & Sand // Hi Life – Monkey Safari
Producer / Band: Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Faithless, Hanz Zimmer.
Record Label: Suffused Music, Stellar Fountain, Reelaux Digital, Massive Harmony.
Nightclub: Pacha Buenos Aires
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo, Digweed, Frankie Wild
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Nico: If these could have a current sound then I would like the last party was like this classics:
Junkie Xl Beauty Never Fades Sasha & Digweed Vinyl Remix
West on 27th ( a Tribe called Khz mix) –Killahurtz
Felix Da Housecat vs Sasha – Watching Cars Go by
Unkle – In a State (Sasha mix)
Nico’s ‘Side B’ is out now on Suffused Music, you can purchase the release: here