The 60th episode of our 12 Questions segment features Phonic Scoupe.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Well, We are 2002-2005 kids. Those times probably made the main influence, so it`s gonna be amazing track that we are still playing from time to time. Agent 001 – Bubblebath (16B Remix)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Actually, first gig was in Social Club, Paris, but there I played as Dzim nickname. And last gig few weeks ago in just a small bar ‘Piano barbeque’.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first one – “Pete Tong & Chris Cox – More Intensity” , but it was long time ago so I cant remember correctly. And the last one was “I. H.O.S.H. & ANDHIM – Captain” – Brilliant tune.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
We think REAL highlight is coming in spring.. But for now maybe when Nick Warren played our remix for The XX at WMC Miami boat party. It was amazing feeling..
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Phonic Scoupe consists from three members and at the moment all of us are in different countries.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
We think 80 percent people who read this, don’t know us, anyway there’s a lot of… I think more attention should have Erdi Irmak.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Mhm.. I’m usually inspired by be good music, and it doesn’t matter who made this. But I would like to mention Mario Basanov, David August, Max Cooper, Egbert, Pig & Dan. Guys from Progressive Scene like Cid Inc, Stas Drive, Guy J and many more.. I take inspiration from different genres.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
There is so many tracks that I want to remix, but at the moment I would love to remix ‘Moderat – Bad Kingdom’ .. And I would like to be remixed by Edu Imbernon.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
microCastle, Bedrock, Sudbeat always stands out, but we would like to mention Sound Avenue and also Stripped Records, September releases there will be huge!
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Nick Warren`s “Sound Garden” and “John Digweed`s “Underground Ibiza”. Those are really rockin at the moment
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drug: Also.. COFFEE
TV Show: We don’t watch TV
Movie: Most of Anthony Hopkin`s films
Video Game: GTA5
Album: Kobana ‘The Riddle’
Track / Song: Whomadewho – heads above (Maceo Plex remix)
Producer / Band: Mario Basanov, David August, Trentemoller
Record Label: Sudbeat, Bedrock, Kompakt
Nightclub: Ministry of Sound
DJ: HernanCattaneo, Ten Walls, Dixon
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
It will be our new track that we made with Norman H. Sweet melodic ending.
Phonic Scoupe’s remix of Marko Zalazar & Nicolas Ruiz ‘L92′ is out now on Stellar Fountain, you can purchase the release: here