The 98h episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Ozgur Ozkan.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Solid Sessions – Janeiro (Original Mix)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first experience for the scene was Club 20. Its closed from 2000’s. But the people are still missing the club. My last gig was a private event in Galata
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
John Creamer & Stephane K – I Wish You Were Here / Sasha Xpander
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
To have my favourite producers and DJs support, chart and play my productions.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I can say that Im nearly professional for the fresh water life as an aquarist. I have too many different spices in my aquarium from the Amazon life.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Giddyhead, Nissim Gavriel, Walkboy
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
John Creamer & Stephane K, Deep Dish, Sasha
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I’m trying to produce some unofficial remixes that which had a story of my life. FSOL – Papua New Guinea was one of the last unofficial remix that I made. and my next answer is from Sasha.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Sudbeat – Balkan Connection – System Recordings
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Deep Dish – Toronto / GU025
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Seafood, Kebap
TV Show: Banged up abroad.
Movie: Cholera Street
Video Game: Gran Turismo and metal gear solid
Album: Balance mixed by Hernan Cattaneo
Track / Song: Cream Deep Fog – Tears Of An Angel – Robert R. Hardy Remix
Producer / Band: Robert R. Hardy, Walkboy , Hells Kitchen
Record Label: Balkan Connection, System
DJ: Guy J
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
The Youngsters – Smile (Sasha Remix)
Ozgur Ozkan & Nissim Gavriel ‘Lights Off’ is out now on Stellar Fountain, can purchase the release: here