The 108th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Integral Bread.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
I reckon that the first track that made me see this music from a different perspective was The Prodigy’s Voodoo People, back in the 94-95s, when I was 16.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first LIVE ACT was on an Electro Break Party, in Badajoz – Spain… only with a Roland MC 303. I played some of the tracks i had composed that year.
My last LIVE was in the Sala Cosmos opening season party (Sevilla – Spain), with Cora Novoa. It was a crazy night!! 😀
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
First: (Rock – Pop) Heroes del Silencio – El mar no cesa,
(Electronica) The Prodigy – Music for the jilted generation
Last: Sorry, I don’t remember
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I like to think that the highlight of my career is yet to come. That makes me keep on learning, improving and enjoying my passion for composing music always with the same enthusiasm.
It is hard to pick just one moment, but I vividly remember one particular gig with my former group, Bread & Butter, in the LIVE DANCE FESTIVAL 2004, when we performed live for 8000 people, sharing stage with Orbital, among other artists.
More recently, I deeply enjoyed my performance with Henry Saiz in the Jameos Festival 2014, in Jameos del Agua in Lanzarote, the most magical place an artist can perform in.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Really, I love to eat bread. I have never DJed, my performances are always live and I only play the music I compose.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Elio Ks, Anu Manisa, David Granha, Ioan Gamboa, James Rod, Gameboyz, Soulwerk, Fábel (Fábel London), Lost Twin…
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Liam Howlet, Aphex Twin, Orbital, Hybrid, Massive Attack, Trentemøller, James Holden, Henry Saiz…
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
1: Trentemøller | 2: James Holden
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
I find it difficult to answer this question.
I think there are classic labels that have done a good job adapting to the current time, true to form; as new independent labels, who find it very difficult to stand out in today’s music industry, despite being doing a great job. (Border Community, Traum, Permanent Vacation, Natura Sonoris, Suara, Manual, microCastle, Univack…)
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
James Holden – Balance 005
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Bread, Mum & grandma’s food.
Drug: To play
TV Show: The Wire, Game of thrones, Breaking Bad.
Movie: The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, Trainspotting, Memento
Video Game: Ninja Shinobi, Street Figther II
Album: Massive Attack – Mezzanine
Track / Song: Aphex Twin – Window Licker
Producer / Band: Liam Howlet, Massive Attack, Hybrid
Record Label: Warp
Nightclub: Sala Cosmos (Sevilla)
DJ: John Digweed
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
(LIVE) Integral Bread – Sell Your Faith
‘Moonscape’ EP is out now on FutureForm Music, you can purchase the release: here