The 136th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Scott Williams.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
I remember that moment as if it was yesterday, I had moved from the Uk to malta in 2002, although it was illegal, I went to a club with my cousin Laren where he was the local DJ. He played “Age of love – Jam & Spoon 92’ remix”
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first gig was when I was about 15 in a small bar on the south side of the maltese Islands, there were less than 10 people, never the less It rocked.
I don’t think my studio counts as a gig so my last gig was In August, a night called “minilogic” hosted by a couple of my friends Manuel & Warren. It was so good I didn’t want to stop playing.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
I bought my very first record at a carboot sale for 50p it was Michael Jackson – Bad. My most recent purchase was the “Time” album by Guy Mantzur and Sahar Z
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
So many great things have happened in 2014, but I have to say seeing Cattaneo supporting my “Yellow Fever” remix on resident was an unforgettable feeling. The smile on my face lasted for days.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I have a… (better not say that one)… I’m a normal guy, like to go out, enjoy cooking, I’m house trained, live on my own and work a full time job. I have no strange fetishes or abnormalities that I know of that I can surprise you with haha!
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
My list would take me until Christmas to write, the problem is there are so many talented people that deserve a lot more recognition, so I will keep it short and sweet. German Angeleri, Kertek, MdM, Ilya Gerus, kissoff & Psychowsky
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
These Producers names are constantly popping up in my sets and It’s because their work is impeccable. Silinder, Alex Vidal, Nicholas Van Orton, Audiostorm, Matias Chilano, Michael A & Julian Rodriguez
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
From an artistic point of view I would love to remix Guy Mantzur, his music feels like it’s from the future. It goes both ways I would love to see what he would do to one of my tracks.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
I know where to go for quality and these labels NEVER fail to deliver, Balkan Connection (SA & BC2) Microcastle, Clinique, Sudbeat, Particles, LuPs, e-sound, Stellar Fountain, Suffused & PHW Elements
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
I am going to shock you here and not give an answer, I know I should, but I really don’t listen to mixes or compilations. If there were more hours in the day then yes. But it is impossible to do everything in 24 hours.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Pizza, Pasta, Pastizzi (Maltese Pastry) But nothing beats my mums cooking!
Drink: Vodka or Jack Daniels or anything with alcohol in it.
Drug: Luckily its only Music
Animal: Cat (Siamese)
TV Show: I haven’t watched TV in years, It’s a massive waste of time.
Movie: Anything with Space or aliens… yep I know…
Video Game: I enjoy getting my A** kicked on FIFA by my little brothers
Album: Bad 1987 Michael Jackson
Track / Song: Exequiel Gomez & Julian Rodriguez – Alegria Eterna (Dio S Driving To Heaven Remix)
Producer / Band: Silinder
Record Label: Balkan Connection, Clinique & Phw Elements
DJ: I am yet to see a DJ take my breath away by performance and music, when someone does, I will let you know!
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
I think the title also fits the question, It would have to be this :
Audiotox & Overtone Watson – Walking On (Michael & Levan and Stiven Rivic Remix)
Scott’s remix of German Angeleri ‘Yellow Fever’ is out now on BCSA, you can purchase the release: here