The 145th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Youngen.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Robert Miles – Children (Dream Version)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
If I remember correctly, the first time when I was The club called Asterix, my friend and I play music for a small number of people, psychedelic-goa trance party. last gig I had last summer on the river Drina. it was nice.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
first: Astral Projection – Trust in Trance
last: Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z – Time
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I think that nothing significant has happened in my career so far, except that recently received support from a lot of good producers such as: Paul Oakenfold, Max Graham, John 00 Fleming, Gai Barone, Faskil, Airwave, Basil O’ Glue.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I am the owner of a coffee shop here in Bosnia and Herzegovina and work there as a barista. I never dreamed that I would love this job so much =)
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Here are some from the former Yugoslavia who are dear to me. Nemanja Kostic, Miroslav Pavlovic, Stanisha, Progress Inn, Mladen Mande and Vlada D’ Shake. All of these are excellent producers and have very professional sound. I wish them all the best in his future career.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Eelke Kleijn, Henry Saiz, Deepfunk, Guy J, Guy Mantzur, Kassey Voorn, Gai Barone…These are the guys who always have something to say, but often look for inspiration and a little further away from electronic music. I also love to listen Hans Zimmer, Ennio Morricone, James Hannigan, Vangelis, Enigma, Jean Michel Jarre…
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
For now it’s this song: East Cafe – Ashes of Time [Dopamine Music]
In the distant future, I would be happy if any of these guys did remix for me. Gai Barone, Kassey Voorn, Lank, Praveen Achary, Derek Howell, Blusoul, Progress inn.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
microCastle & Sudbeat.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Nick Warren – Global Underground 024: Reykjavik
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like
Food: Traditional domestic
Drink: Beer, wine, brandy
Drug: Coffee, Music
TV Show: Drzavni Posao (State Job)
Movie: The Marathon Family
Video Game: Legacy of Kain – Defiance
Album: Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z – Time
Track / Song: Jamie Stevens – The Wonder of You, Derek Howell – Red Dwarf
Producer / Band: The Prodigy, Depeche Mode, Faithless, Moby
Record Label: Sudbeat, microCastle, Lost & Found, Proton Music
Nightclub: Fabric London
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Younger Brother – Psychic Gibbon
‘Force Field’ is out now on BC2 Records, you can purchase the release: here