The 154th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Denite.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Well, is difficult to choose one. But I might say “White Rooms” from Booka Shade could be one of many. I love the warm vibe on it and the feeling of the melody. Every time I listen to it stills very special to me. The whole album is very special to me.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first proper Dj gig was in Thessaloniki, Greece. And it happened like 10 years ago. And actually it was a drum&bass DJ set, since I was playing drum&bass on that time. My last DJ set was in Christmas last month in my hometown Elche, in Spain. In a nice small bar very special with friends and family.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
One of the first vinyls I bought was one of the first records from a Spanish label called Pink Records. Im talking about 20 year ago back in 1994. The last one I bought was a great track by Aidan Lavelle & Robbie Akbal called “Stars” released in Culprit. It an awesome track. I love the synths on it.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
No doubt joining the Diynamic family last November. Im very happy to be part of it and being releasing music with them now. And also that they take care of my booking now. I always loved the sound of the label and they are such a nice people. And the best of all is that is just the beginning!
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I lived 5 years in Thessaloniki, Greece. 1 in Mainz, Germany, 6 in Valencia, Spain and now Im living for almost 1 year in Berlin. And I have 2 cats, one Greek and one Spanish.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
The Liquid Mirror. This amazing producer and friend is releasing huge tracks and have some awesome material to come out soon. He is someone to check and I think that very soon he will be taking off. I know a few that are doing a great and promising job like Emanuel Satie, Sergio Mateo, Carlo, Andy Bros or Javier Orduña just to name a few.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
I could name hundred of them. I think many inspire me in different ways. Each one in his own unique and special way to express music. James Welsh, John Talabot, Super Flu, or Sohn are some of them, but there are many others that inspired me just with 1 track.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would love to Remix Jamie Woon or Sohn. I really liked their albums and would be a pleasure to me to work a remix for them. And I would love to be remixed by David August. He’s got a great talent and his remixes are just amazing.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
I like a lot Future Clasic, Innervisions, Permanent Vacation and of course Diynamic.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
From all of them I always remember one: Dj T – Body Language Vol2. Was very special to me when was released. And somehow it made me move from Drum&Bass to House Music.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: Sex on the Beach
TV Show: Dexter
Movie: Fight Club
Video Game: Maniac Mansion
Album: Sohn – Tremors
Track / Song: Super Flu – Fibi Maybe
Producer / Band: Fat Freddy’s Drop
Record Label: Diynamic
Nightclub: Watergate, Berlin
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Booka Shade – In White Rooms. So I would close the circle properly-
Denite’s remix of ‘The Reason I Believe’ by Jon Hatter is out now on Symmetric Records, you can purchase the release: here