The 161st episode of our 12 Questions segment features production duo Cut Knob.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
BoomCardona: Duran Duran – Decadance
Diego Gomez: Prodigy – Firestarter (A great way from rock to electronic music)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
The first was a warm up for John Digweed some years ago and the last was this saturday February 14th, a warm up for Nick Warren.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first record was Arthur Baker – Breaker’s Revenge 12″ and the last one was Bonobo Feat. Grey Reverend – First Fires 12″
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
We have lived some important moments that show us that we are going in the right way, but we are still waiting to that day. So we are working hard to reach it.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
The most important value as artists is the honesty when we are playing, because everything we do is with passion and with a great talent, a lot of tricks and an impeccable handling of the mixer, scratch, acapellas and FX. We always tell a story, and that story is a roller coaster always coherent, full of analogic logic ilogic….. And Diego Gomez is a Handbag designer
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
They are more than two names, they are 2 clear examples of talent and silent work: “Giogio Fattoni” and “Jonnas B”, could be without troubles at the same level to the artists who have been their guides to follow.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
We have a lot of artists… Always: Lemon8, Christian Smith, Filterheadz. Today: Kernel Key, Roland Klinkenberg, Patch Park. Even Timbaland inspires us hahaha
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? And who would you love to be remixed by?
We would love to remix Beck and be remixed by Peace Division, in the past, and today we would love to be remixed by Samuel L Session.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
We really prefer “underground” labels that are rising, full of seriously undiscovered talents
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
BoomCardona: Los Essential Mix de la BBC desde sus inicios
Diego Gomez: Balance 005 James Holden
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Music… BoomCardona: Good Music / Diego Gomez: Tons of french fries
Drink: BoomCardona & Diego Gomez: Vodka with Cranberry Juice
Drug: BoomCardona: Not, thanks / Diego Gomez: Music
Animal: BoomCardona: Dragon / Diego Gomez: Dog
TV Show: BoomCardona: Saturday Night Live / Diego Gomez: Not much TV really
Movie: BoomCardona: Matrix / Diego Gomez: Mulholland Drive
Video Game: BoomCardona: Flight Simulator X Plane10 / Diego Gomez: Galaxy Invaders hahaha
Album: BoomCardona: Miles Davis – Kind of Blue / Diego Gomez: Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon
Track / Song: BoomCardona: Jhon Lennon – Imagine / Diego Gomez: Sigur Rós – Olsen Olsen
Producer / Band: BoomCardona & Diego Gomez: Aquellos quienes hacen su música desde el corazón y no desde la billetera
Record Label: BoomCardona & Diego Gomez: Sleepless Music
Nightclub: Mi Cuarto Azul / Diego Gomez: DJ Zentral parties.
DJ: BoomCardona & Diego Gomez: Us
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
BoomCardona: Joe Clausell – Beyond hope (Original Mix)
Diego Gomez: Donna Summer & Giorgio Moroder – I Feel Love (12” Extended)
Cut Knob’s remix of Spacebeat ‘Letter of Fate’ is out now on Stellar Fountain, you can purchase the release: here