The 162nd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Kintar.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Cass & Slide – Opera
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
First gig was in Buenos Aires in a small Club called “Jacko’s” and the last one was in Metropolitano Rosario with tINI.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
First one was Dangerous by Michael Jackson and the last one were a few old compilations (NuBreed, MOS, GU, etc).
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I couldn’t say just one, but I guess moving to Ibiza, signing with Global Underground and playing a bunch of gigs, such as Ultra Buenos Aires.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I used to be a professional football player back in time.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Well it’s a tricky question, I guess they are not undiscovered but they should be more known, first is Thomas Gandey, is a genius vocalist and producer, the second is Santiago Garcia an unique producer with a particular swing into his productions , third is Dark Soul Project another Argentinean talent with a massive groove and a specialist of “drops”. Last one is Brigado Crew from Buenos Aires, keep your eyes over this guys, they are going to be “huge”.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Well it’s about time, I used to be inspired by Hans Zimmer, Enigma, Moshic. Now I’m more into a deep tech house sound. I love the new sound of Olivier Giacomotto, Metodi Hristov and Shosho, Sabb and Hot since 82.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would love to remix Hot since 82 and I would love to be remixed by Olivier Giacomotto.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Well, it depends on the genre, I guess Noir Music, Deeperfect, Suara, Moda Black, King Street Sounds, Glasgow Underground are the ones that are releasing some of the best tunes.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Deep Dish Yoshiesque 1 and 2.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Animal: Cats and dogs. Best friends ever.
TV Show: Two and a Half Men
Video Game: Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat
Album: Spiral by Vangelis
Track / Song: Sia – My love
Producer / Band: Enigma
Record Label: Sudam Recordings
Nightclub: Ushuaia Ibiza
DJ: Chus and Ceballos
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Kintar – Es vedrá
Kintar’s remix of Mehmet Akar ‘A Kind Of Panic’ is out now on Baires Records, you can purchase the release: here