The 164th episode of our 12 Questions segment features production duo Audiotrakt.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
It’s hard to choose one… It should be Orbital – Halcyon + on + on. Awesome atmoshere & rhythmics there
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
The first was in the end of 90s at one illegal party, the last was February 14th in Stackenschneider club in St. Petersburg
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first record was BT – Ima. The last was Robert Babicz – One day we’ll all be happy EP2
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
There was a lot of great moments, but we think that this day is ahead– and we’re working hard everyday to reach it.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Our aggregated DJ experince is 25 years. One of us is CEO in insurance brokerage firm, second is CTO on civil service.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
We think it’s Tom Chiron – he released amazing album Cloudgaze last year.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Max Cooper, Ryan Davis, Henry Saiz – nowdays. Underworld, FSOL, Orbital – always.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
We’d like to make a remix for Max Cooper or Sasha and be remixed by dubspeeka or Microtrauma.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Labels, which keeps their style regardless of situation and their calibre, like Get Physical for example.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Certainly Balance 014 by Joris Voorn and Balance 019 by Henry Saiz.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: pasta bolognese
Drink: dry red wine / beer
Drug: no, thanks
TV Show: we’re not in TV
Video Game: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Album: Stevie Wonder – Songs in the key of life
Track / Song: U2 – I still haven’t found what I’m looking for
Producer / Band: Woo York
Record Label: Last Night On Earth, Selador, Life & Death
DJ: John Digweed
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Sasha – Xpander
‘Timestamps’ is out now on System Recordings, you can purchase the release: here