The 159th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Jason Lowe aka JML.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
About 2 years after discovering electronic music along came a track called Absolum by Transwave. I knew that electronic music was going to be a family member;)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
I can’t seem to recall the first but my first main gig was Natraj Temple in Munich. I am pretty sure I was bedroom banging in Sydney and at friends for the years leading up to that.
My last was at a great club called the Spice Cellar in Sydney;)
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
first record would have been a hardcore or happy hardcore vinyl as that was the first style I played.
Last Record would have been Iboga records 1 and 2. After I mixed vinyl in Germany at Natraj Temple I heard the life changing music at the time Bitmonx ,Phony Orphants, Beat bizzare and Haldolium all mixed on pioneer cdj100s. That was the death of records for me. Not that I don’t like them but I stopped buying them.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
The highlight is any person, DJ, Producer or people that don’t even like dance music that have enjoyed a vibration that I created:)) making people feel good through my music is and will always be the biggest highlight:)));)
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
That is a tough question because I am not sure what is surprising..
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Shades of Gray, Murat Kilic, Yokoo and I heard JML is the business;))
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
16 Bit Lolita’s, Vincenzo, Martin Roth
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Blendbrank- Synthetic Symphony 😉
Martin Roth would be my pick, Joris Voorn Lovebirds or 16bit Lolita’s
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Anjunadeep and Freerange records are standout labels as they are about the music quality.. And the music quality they have is second to none
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: water I need / beer I want
Drug: House music
Animal: my Staffi dog Kwon
TV show: Seinfeld
Video game: Ableton
Album: last album I bought and loved was Son kite Colours a very long time ago
Track/Song: JML – Another Japan groove unreleased
Producer/Band: Martin Roth
Record label: Anjunadeep
Nightclub: Cross club Prague
DJ: Radio Slave
If the final dj/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
‘Half Full’ is out now on Vibrating Balance, you can purchase the release: here