The 225th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Dario Arcas.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
-If I´ve to pick one track, it be : ´Good life´ by Inner.-
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
– My first Dj GIG was in September, 1988, in a nightclub called ´Zakoga´, in Cipolletti, Rio Negro. Patagonia Arg. There was my first GIG and the last was Undergroud beats Cycle, Episode 13rd. on 13 June 2015.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
– The first record I bought was- The Police, ´Don´t stand so close to me´, vinyl, the last Bottom Heavy by Danny Tenaglia.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
– Well, that my highlight of my career is yet to come, the best´s yet to come definitely…
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
– I feel that there´s something about myself which might surprise people, is that I spend more time of dedication, selecting pieces of music, tracks etc. which I´ll djing. 10 or 15 days before I´m selecting music file for the festival, concert or similar. I work hard in this process.-
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
– Dartek- Federico Copis aka Fefo
-Juan Fort, aka OOSFERA
– Mauricio Maranguello, aka DARTEK
-Manuel Sofia, aka MOS
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
– Soudexile, Hernan Cattaneo, Dartek, Charlie May, Sasha, John Digweed, Nick Muir, Pic & Dan, Extrawel, Max Cooper, Stephan Bodzin, Marc Romboy, Microtrauma.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? And who would you love to be remixed by?
– I´ll love to remix to:
– Sasha, Digweed, Hernan & Soundexile, Max Cooper and Thom Yorke ,who ´s vocalist of Radiohead .-
Artist and tracks who would I love to remixed :
– Depeche Mode, ´ I feel love´-Danny Tenaglia remiix
– Depeche Mode, ´Only when I lose myself´- remixed by Lexicon Avenue remix.
– Depeche Mode, ´Enjoy the silence´- Timo Mass remix
– Phonique , ´For the time being´ Hernan Cattaneo and John Tock
– New Order, Crystal -Lee Combs remix.
– Jam & Spuum, ´Humanoide´- Plum Dj remix.
– Dobble dee, ´Found love´- Danny Tenaglia remix.
– Bedrock, ´Emerald´- Henry Saiz remix.
– Fefo & Dario Arcas, ´Take me away´ Henan Cattaneo & Soundexile remix.
– Nathan fake -the sky was Pink- James Holden remix.
– Depeche Mode, ´The darkest star- James Holden remix.
– U2, Lemon- Perfecto remix by Paul Oakenfold.
– U2, Night and day-steel string remix
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
– On this topics it doesn´t ethical to me have an opinion on this. A record labels could be mediocre to me, but to majority of people don´t.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
– Dj/Producer Hernan Cattaneo Album: ´Renissance´Master mix Parallel.
Global ´underground´ London by Danny Tenaglia. Sasha- Involver- I and II.
Global Underground, Athenas by Danny Tenaglia. Deep Dish, ´Yoshiesque´ I.-
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: ´asado´(roasted meat.)
Drink. Coca cola
Drugs: I´ve not used drugs…
tv show: ´Friends´, Two and a Half Man with Charlie Sheen
Movie: They´re much movies I like.
Video Game: Flipper, but I don´t play video games.-
album: Sasha, ´ Involver- I and II., Depeche Mode 101, New Order- ´Substance´, Danny Tenaglia, ´Hard & Soul´, Underworld ´Becaup fish´.-
Track/song: Phonic, ´For the time being´- Laurent-Garnier, man with, the red face.- Holden and Thompson ´Come to me´.- Electribe 101 Just the longest – ´I catch you´. S.O.L- Qurtensprung 1 Underworld -Jumbo (Rob Rivers and Francois K Main Dish.-
Producer/band: Sasha- Charlie May- Barry Jameison- James Holden- Max Cooper- Microtrauma- Soundexile- Nick Muir-
Bands: Underworld-Depeche Mode- U2- Radiohead – Coldplay – Propaganda.-
Record label: Bedrock Records- Sudbeats Music- Manual Music-Get Phisical- Cocoon Records-Traum Records.-
Nightclub: State- Buenos Aires City.- La Fábrica. Córdoba. Argentina.-
La Estación, Cordoba, Argentina.- Aqua Barra, San Luis , Argentina.-Superclub – Neuquen – Argentina
DJs: Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha, John Digweed, Jamie Jones.-
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
– If the final live set of my career was next week, my last track would be to closes, to ends djing, some track/song that made by me which I´ve liked a lot or that more satisfactions has given me.
segment collected by Suffused