The 34rd episode of our 12 Questions series features Roberto Traista. The Romanian producer has a brand new EP entitled ‘Sky Drops’ out now on Travis MacDonald’s Agara Music. Please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with Roberto below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Roberto: My pick will be “Nathan Fake – Outhouse” after hearing this tune in one of James Holden’s set totally changed my thinking about electronic music.But as a young listener I also listened to Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha, John Digweed sets which definitely changed my music taste.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Roberto: My first gig was in a local club in my city.My last gig was a couple of weeks ago at “Skyfield” festival.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Roberto: I can’t remember! 🙁
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Roberto: The highlight for me now is that I get invitations to play in good clubs and festivals.But I also see that big names support my work, which gives me more power to produce music.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Roberto: Before I got in to music I was a football player, which im also doing these days but not that level anymore, I’m also doing other sport’s like speed skating and running.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Roberto: It’s really hard to say a name because there are so many talented good artists out there.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Roberto: Dusty Kid, Guy J, Guy Gerber, Manuel Sofia aka Mos, Stephan Bodzin, Gui Boratto, Julio Largente, Deepfunk, James Holden, Fairmont
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Roberto: I would like to remix some Ladytron tracks which I already did but not official yet, but I also would like to do remix for Depeche Mode.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Roberto: Sudbeat, microCastle,Traum, Manual Music, Proton
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Roberto: James Holden – Balance 005
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: My mom’s pizza 🙂
TV Show: I Like reality shows
Movie: All Jason Statham movies
Video Game: I don’t really play
Album: Ladytron – Gravity The Seducer (2011)
Track / Song: Ladytron – Ace of Hz
Producer / Band: Ladytron
Record Label: Agara Music
Nightclub: Womb Tokyo
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Roberto: One of my last production.
Roberto’s ‘Sky Drop EP’ is out now on Travis MacDonald’s Agara Music, you can purchase those releases: here