The 36th episode of our 12 Questions segment features Guille Cornejo aka Antrim. The Argentinian producer has a new remix of Michael & Levan and Stiven Rivic ‘Domino Effect’ out now on Kunai Records. Please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with Antrim below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Antrim: This is hard to choose, but the first would be Daft Punk – One More Time
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Antrim: My first concert was organized by my brother when I was 16, on the same night were Diego Poblets, D-Boys (Luis Bondio and Cesar Lombardi), but I opened the night and did not exceed 10 people hahaha. My last concert was in Bianca, a new club in Cordoba, with Darin Epsilon and Luis Bondio.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Antrim: The first album I bought was ‘Daft Punk – Discovery’ and last ‘Chaim – Blue Shadow’.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Antrim: Definitely my highlight was the release of my track “Blow Your Mind” on the label of one of my idols, Nick Warren.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Antrim: Well something I could tell about me are my productions, I just show some little percentage of what I really do, before to send it to labels or public, I’ve to hear them hundreds of times because if they don’t make you feel anything or something special I discard them even if look and sound good.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Antrim: ‘Santiago Teillagorry’ is a young talented of Cordoba definitely going to give that talk.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Antrim: The producers who constantly inspire me are Guy J, Hernan Cattaneo, Nick Warren, and Eelke Kleijn.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Antrim: I would like to remix ‘Lost & Found’ by Guy J. And I would like to be remixed by him, or Sasha.
9. Record labels are a dime adozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Antrim: Yes, it is a sad truth. You have to work hard to achieve great things. But there are also good labels astounding with his way of working, Sound Avenue, Classound Recordings, Perspectives Digital, to name a few.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Antrim: The Masters Series Nick Warren – Renaissance (2013)
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
TV Show: The Simpsons
Movie: Relentless Search
Video Game: FIFA
Album: Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory
Track / Song: Linkin Park – In The End
Producer / Band: Guy J, Eelke Kleijn
Record Label: Sudbeat
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo, Nick Warren
12. The end If DJ / live set of your career was next week what would be your last track?
Antrim: The final song definitely serious ‘Antrim – Rita’ in memory of my grandmother.
Antrim’s remix of Michael & Levan and Stiven Rivic ‘Domino Effect’ is out now on Kunai Records, you can purchase the release: here