The fifth installment of our 12 Questions segment features techno producer Cristior. 2012 was a huge year for the Irish producer as it saw the release of his ‘Deshoda’ EP which included remixes from Petar Dundov and Guy J. The Petar Dundov remix saw heavy play from John Digweed who championed the track in his live sets for many months. More recently Cristior has signed a track to Traum and also has forthcoming material on Chameleon Recordings. This week sees the release of his amazing remix for Joe Kolbohm ‘Bit Of This’ on System Recordings, please check out our ‘Essential Purchases’ section for a review and please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with him below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Cristior: Sasha – Xpander
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Cristior: My first was a gig at my local bar.. a very small venue.
My last was at a much bigger nightclub called Lush! portrush.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Cristior: 1st record I can remember buying was Steve Lawler – Rise In
The last record was Pig & Dan – Blossoms to Ashes [Cocoon Recordings]
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Cristior: Warming up for james zabelia
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Cristior: In 2008 I won “the edirol / Roland title of “European VJ champion” which was a competition to find Europe’s best Audio Visual Mixing artist
6. Who are some of the best-undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Cristior: I’m not sure they fall into the undiscovered category.. But locally here in Belfast there are lot of my friends who are great producers like Ronan Teague, Fractious and Joe Kolbohm
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Cristior: Max Cooper, Pig & Dan and Charlie May and my friend Dave Lievense
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Cristior: I would love to remix Max Cooper and I would love to be remixed by Charlie May
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Cristior: Traum is a standout label for me.. and I’m really, really pleased that I will be releasing one of my tracks later this year. microCastle is also a stand out label for me…
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Cristior: Global underground’s Sasha on Ibiza is still a fav of mine… iv listened to that one more times than I can remember
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drug: too many to mention
TV Show: Boardwalk Empire
Movie: The Wolf of Wallstreet
Video Game: Playing with Music
Album: Gregor Tresher – Night Colors
Track / Song: Egokind – Diamond Days
Producer / Band: two door cinema club
Record Label: Break New Soil
Nightclub: Space Ibiza
DJ: Max Cooper
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Cristior: Depeche Mode – Enjoy The Silence
Cristior’s remix of Joe Kolbohm ‘Bit Of This is out now on System Recordings, you can purchase the release: here