The 51st episode of our 12 Questions segment features Mexican producer Kaban.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Kaban: Lonestar – New Kicks (Original Mix)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Kaban: My first Gig was in a private party , with very small amount of people, mostly friends very good background , beside people that are very important for me now . My last gig was in Costa Esmeralda , Veracruz at Sol Festival one of the biggest festivals in the golf of mexico , playing beside’s artist like Climbers , Metrika , Miguel Puente & Others , This was a great party , I really want to be back next year .
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Kaban: The first record i bought was : Alan Parson Project – Eye In The Sky. The Last Record i bought was: Air – 10,000 Hz Legend.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Kaban: I think i am a very good moment of my career , a lot of upcoming releases at very important labels , every day more people recognize my work and that fills me with happiness . its a great moment in my career that will give great result ,and working every day to give the best of me as a person .
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people.
Kaban: I really like electronic music but i prefer to be away of it in my free time , to be with family , friends ,then things with my music career.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Kaban: Supporting artist from my country : ISSAC, DI RUGERIO, HENEK, JULIAN BRODY
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Kaban: SQL, METODI HRISTOV, QUIVVER, JUAN DEMINICIS, JAMIE STEVENS, FIORD, 16 BIT LOLITAS
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Kaban: I would like to remix SQL Always played and loved his music , always full of groove and serious . I would like a remix from Quiiver , beside i love his music , i know a remix from him on one of my tracks would be a dance floor bomb . with out a doubt he is a artist i admire a lot.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Kaban: This is true , in most cases ir happens , but i think there is many good labels out there , doing good things , with benefits for artist and label , the growth of the artist must go also with the label , i won’t mention any labels to not enter in any details.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Kaban: Chris Fortier – Bedrock: Compiled And Mixed By Chris Fortier
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: Ron, Cognac and Beer.
TV Show: The X-Files
Movie: Enter The Void
Video Game: Sillent Hill
Album: Pink Floyd – Pulse Disc 01 – Disc 02 / Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
Track / Song: Pink Floyd – Dogs
Producer / Band: Pink Floyd, Alan Parson Project, Air.
Record Label: CHANGE Audio, Future Form Music, Tribal Pulse, Akbal Music, Tenampa Recordings
Nightclub: COCOON IBIZA
DJ: Danny Howells, Dubfire
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Kaban: Ashtrax – Digital Reason (Ogenki Clinic Remix), Accadia – Into The Dawn (James Holden Remix)
Kaban has new productions out this week on 3rd Avenue, Balkan Connection and System Recordings, you can purchase those releases: here