The 61st episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Joe Fisher.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
It’s hard to pick just one track, but this is one of my all time favorites: Alex Dolby – Psiko Garden (Original mix)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first gig was long time ago at Jah Bar, a small House Music bar in Palermo, Buenos Aires, where I was invited to play vinyls with Argentinean Dj & producer Nico B. My last big gig was at Espacio Ugarte, Nuñez, at Elephant’s 1st Aniversary Party.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first one I think was an Iron Maiden cassette. And the last one is Digitaria’s LP on Hot Creations.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Having my tracks played by legend Richie Hawtin, international gigs at Brasil and Guatemala, and the fast progress achieved by my own label Rezongar Music.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I used to by a punk rocker in my adolescence.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Fr3ak, Ale Salas, Max Italo, Flor Lascialanda, Govinda, Paipmaster Colloca
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Kolombo, Adrian Hour (friend), Mario Ochoa, Siwell
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I’d love to remix any Maceo Plex track, superb synths. And I’d love to be remixed by Alex Niggemann.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Kompakt, Hot Creations, Material, Noir Music, Parquet, Onward
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
John Digweed’s Structures Two, mainly CD 1> Blissed Out Electronica Mix
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Mexican / Milanesas
TV Show: Louie CK
Movie: The Big Lebowski
Video Game: Starcraft
Album: NOFX – The Decline
Track / Song: Pink Floyd – Welcome To The Machine
Producer / Band: WHYT NOYZ
Record Label: Rezongar Music
DJ: Joseph Capriati
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Raul Abramzon – Chau Chau Adios
Govinda ‘Corrientes Circulares’ is out now on Rezongar Music, you can purchase the release: here