The 71st episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Feri.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Actually I have so many to mention , but definitely Oliver Huntemann ‘Orient Express’ and Yunus Güvenen ‘Let Go’ must be in the list
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
As a dj my first performance was in 2004, when i was only 19 years old. This was in Antalya one of the holiday destinations in Turkey. The club I started in was the locations best tourist night club which hosted unto 4000 people. I will never forget these days as they are very fond memories. And I played last weekend In Bern City.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
My first purchase is Eric Prydz `Call on Me` and the last one is Teenage Mutants, EdOne, Bodden `Anthem`
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I had great support from some legend djs to my original and remix tracks, love to show some different synthesis in my sound to people that who is listen to me,.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I’m having a bit of a static period, especially in electronic music at the moment. had a many projects in different styles like experimental, classical, soundtrack etc. that I’m trying to focus on it.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
My friend Gyorgy (MiraculuM) is very talented guy from Hungary, Coskun Yorulmaz and the other friends Boral Kibil, Mahmut Orhan are very talented guys from Turkey also. They have big imagination and I support them.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Oliver Huntemann is expanding my vision usually, and i have couple producers more like Gregor Tresher, Petar Dundov in Techno scene, Of course Henry Saiz,Guy J, Tale Of Us, Mind Against etc. many =)
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would love to remix Petar Dundov and Some tracks of Henry Saiz, Almost playing their tracks in my live sets or radio sets, I see my musical ideas in their tracks a lot. And I would love to be remixed Guy J.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Digital Music Marketing system grow up everyday, And of course publishing new label everyday for releasing underground music. But i can pick some of great label like Life and Death, Stellar Fountain, Sudbeat, microCastle and of course Stereo Enchained which i was created.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
My favorite mix compilation is `V.A Different` from Boxer Recordings in 2010.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
I realy like what Dale Middleton is doing, also MiraculuM, Kissoff, MdM, Ri9or, Matter.
Food: Turkish Meals
Drink: Jack Daniel`s
Drug: No Drugs.
TV Show: Game Of Thrones, The Mentalist, Sherlock
Movie: Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
Video Game: Diablo, w.o.w & God Of War Series
Album: Kasper Bjorke `Fool`
Track / Song: Morphosis `Silent Screamer`
Producer / Band: Bonobo
Record Label: Stereo Enchained, Stellar Fountain, Life And Death, Per-vurt, Doppelgaenger
Nightclub: Indigo`Ìstanbul`, Nordstern`Basel`
DJ: Sasha, Hernan Cattaneo, Tale Of Us
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
I Thing Pional `Its All Over (John Talabot’s Stormbreak Refix)` is great !.
Feri ‘Moments Becoming Endless Fall’ is out now on Stellar Fountain, you can purchase the release: here