The 76th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Gvozdini.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
It would be unfair to choose just one.)) My taste in music started to be formed back in the 90’s and grateful to this incredible in my opinion musicians and collectives that time. I was then fans of Rave style, so I want to focus on creativity Westbam, Marusha, Moby, Dr. Motte, RMB and many others. I remember when was looking forward watching television, massive Loveparade and Mayday which was held once a year. Certainly BPM was then ultra-fast, on usual today’s standards, but history tends to repeat itself, who knows …)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
It all started from the school. Graduation party in 1996, I first tried to mix tracks with two cassette recorders. It was something)))) Tape recorders were pumped my friend-minded. He completed the faders speed! There are no counters and no BPM Sync) all happened at the hearing. With time I liked it all and I could not be simply clubbers))). Desire and possibilities of began to grow from year to year, and therefore the following is important period in my DJ career performances were already on the big stages of the city. Among the events was the performance on a big stage on the occasion of the City Day, as well as performances in local at that time popular Rave clubs “GAZ”, “Lyalka”, “Cosmo.”
The last still ahead !)) At the moment I increasingly focused on work in the studio, giving private lessons, techniques and secrets am divided from starting young talents and is always open to new experiments and new gig’s.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Oh yes! It was a great record) Snap – Rhythm is a dancer.
As I like more melodic and harmonic music, as Martin Merkel Feat. Fe Malefiz – Voyager (Dub Edit) deserve my attention.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Faith, hope and love.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
That I lawyer by profession and working in a public institution)
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Tech D, Taboo, Deepnavy, Esthetique.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
I constantly a lot of different material listening to different styles and usually it all depend on the mood, but of some I note: Schiller, Royksopp, The XX, and Fismoll, ONUKA, Daniel Bortz.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Jamie Stevens, Henry Saiz, Stelios Vassiloudis, Guy J / Jamie Stevens, Henry Saiz, Stelios Vassiloudis, Guy J
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
microCastle, Sudbeat, Flow, Anjunadeep, Natura Sonoris, Traum
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
It’s hard to pick one.)
11. Current Favorites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: All that very tasty
Drink: Sometimes Scotch whisky
Drug: Sex, Gym
TV Show: Do not watch TV)
Movie: “The Great Gatsby”
Video Game: GTA V, Wolfenstein: The New Order
Album: Global Underground #40: Solomun – Hamburg
Track / Song: Asgeir – Heimforin
Producer / Band: Ludovico Enaudi, Hans Zimmer
Record Label: MNL
Nightclub: Metro “Electronic Room” in Lviv (UA)
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Most likely this will be experimental work, which I am pleased Gvozdini – Hypnotized (Original Mix). The release is planned for October this year at [Manual Music].
‘The Perfect Way For Us’ is out now on Balkan Connection, you can purchase the release: here