The 79th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer GytisJ.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Musical veteran – Carl Cox. This guy familiarized me with an electronic music spaces and since then He is my one and only favourite.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first performance was in the school as with many dj’s. When I was about 12 years I’ve organized school dances every Friday. But one day I’ve said to myself that I need to do something bigger and after these words I with my friends Alvydas and Domininkas have organized one of the biggest events in my city where we have smashed that night club visitors record for about 2-3 times.
My last and biggest Dj gig this summer was – Radistai Village’14 in Apple’s Island in Lithuania. Also a month ago I’ve played at Mojo Lounge in Palanga beach where my set was broadcasted live on ZIP FM radio station. (https://soundcloud.com/jovani_at_club/jovaniclub-radio-show-329-08-02-gytis-jmodacobarney-meric-prydz )
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
My first record as I remember was Omid 16B – “Escape (Driving To heaven)” and when Arnas D have remixed this song I’ve felt in love again with this song. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dewKYx3zcqY)
My last track is from Few Nolder – Houly Pouly (Dave DK DJ version). When I first time heard this song my whole body shivered.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I think that my biggest highlight of my career was when I started to produce my own music. Of course, I need more improvement in music creation but it all comes gradually.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I’m cacao maniac. When I’m creating music or preparing for events I’m always drinking a lot of cacao cups.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
0rfeo. I can’t say that this guy is undiscovered talent because He has reached a lot of in his music career.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Unambiguously Mario Bassanov a.k.a Ten Walls. I’m proud a lot of this Lithuanian artist.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? And who would you love to be remixed by?
I loved to revive classical songs to new vibe what I’ve did with the Depeche Mode – “Ghost” song (https://soundcloud.com/gytisj/depeche-mode-ghost-gytisj-edit). It’s very hard to pick up one of many well known artists, so I will leave it in a secret.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
In these days there are many record labels that are picking fast way of breakthrough – realising too fast, by this way they forgets main installation reason – quality. But thank God that there are many record labels that realising a QUALITY music such as: Ghosthall, Suara, Sexonwax, Boso and etc.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
My Idol Carl Cox live mixing at Boiler Room
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drug: Fast driving with motorcycle
TV Show: Dr. House
Movie: “Wolf of Wall street”, “12 years of slave” and much more.
Video Game: I don’t play video games.
Album: Arnas D – Reincarnations
Track / Song: Maceo Plex – Conjure Baleria
Producer / Band: Moby
Record Label: Sexonwax
Nightclub: Exit (Vilnius)
DJ: Carl Cox
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Ten Walls – Walking with elephants
‘No Limits’ is out now on Spring Tube, can purchase the release: here