The 82nd episode of our 12 Questions segment features Bulgaria producer Andrez.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
What a hard one – but I’ll try to get flash answer – hoping it will be the most sincere one – energy 52 – café del mar. I was in a kinda emotional distortion, and somebody, somewhere in September back in the days played this one on a late radioshow… That changed everything.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Hard to remember or maybe hard to define which one was the real first professional one, the last one was at La Playa Closing – a great venue situated on the beach in one of the most beautiful Bulgarian cities on the Black Sea – Varna.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The very first one was an original cassette containing the very precious “Brothers In Arms ” y Dire Straits, the last one – “Brutal Planet” by Alice Cooper.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
My two daughters – Patricia and Stephanie.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I am a professional Radio Host and Programming Consultant and in my career I have number one stations in more than 10 European countries – the surprise comes when you listen to the radio stations I manage – the most successful ones play 120 shit pop songs from dusk till dawn… Just a business, bro 😉
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
They are so many, but when I got their promos and spin their tracks – they are already discovered for me, right My idea producing and playing my style of electronic music is not to be a mainstream musician – I don’t wanna be a pop star, don’t want to be on MTV or get famous in that way – I’m happy when I see 200, 300 ppl dancning hour after hour on the music I present them deep from my heart – that’s a prize nobody else can offer me.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Well, I really have some names that keep an eye on, almost constantly, but my inspiration comes from the Life itself, to be honest – after all – Life is stranger than fiction and what better inspiration for an emotional person like every musician and artist, than everyday miracles that happen all around ?
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would really love if I have the chance someday to present my vision on some of Guy J’s tracks, also would love to listen to his ideas on some of mine. Who knows, maybe one day our paths will cross.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Nothing can stop the good, emotional, sincere music from reaching the people it is meant to. And in the same time – the majors will always try to sell bullshit. If you take the simple meaning of words – Record label for me after all these years means nothing more than a good Record with a label printed on it The world is so small – quality music can be found anywhere, things will never be as they were when I bought my first Dire Straights album.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Renaissance – by the maestro Hernan Cattaneo
11. Current Favourites
Drink: Sweppes Orange
TV Show: Lost
Movie: Adio Rio
Video Game: don’t have a fav one
Album: Alice Cooper – Hey Stoopid
Track / Song: Miltos Team – Universal
Producer / Band: Guy J
Record Label: Bcsa, Suffused Music
DJ: Vesselin InProgress
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Djuma Soundsystem – Les Djinns (Trentemoller Remix)
segment collected by Benjaminas Bagdonas.
Third Personality ‘The Rain Of My Life’ is out now on Balkan Connection South America, can purchase the release: here