The 92nd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer No One Name.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
John Digweed & Nick Muir – Heaven Scent (Bedrock)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first official gig was in Aura VIP in 2005 it was the first time I played in one of the best discos here in Peru. My last gig was in Arequipa City at the Point Hostels was a great party.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first one I think was Luke Fair and Desyn Masiello – In House we Trust 3, for me is a great experience listen this two big artists who inspired me to play and produce House music. Still have the original copy and listening this great album.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Had a residence and warming great artists in one of the best clubs in Peru “HOME” and also have a release in one of my favorite labels Baroque Records.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Used to listen punk rock music all day was amazing age…. Well in my free time when I go run i listen some punk rock tracks is great for me !
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Here in Peru their are great undiscovered producers like Aber, Tony V, Jose Antonio eMe, Luis Zeballos, Twos Tones and Chris Cam.
In my opinion they have great music productions. Specially Aber, he taught me some proggy techniques and vibes I love.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
My favorites are now Dave DK, Lank, Mermaids, Tokkoi, Isaac Tichauer, Mano Le Tough, Vincenzo and Gui Boratto.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would love to remix Dave Dk is a great artist for me. hope in the future can do that. And I would love to be remixed by Gui Boratto or also Dave Dk. Would be a dream come true a remix of Dave Dk.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
I agree with that, and i try to focus on those labels who represent a truly original quality Like Kompakt, Baroque Records, Anjunadeep, Perspectives Digital, Bedrock, Compost, Life and Death, Are the best labels for me hope in the future will be have a release on this labels.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Global Underground 009 Sasha – San Francisco !!! it is a totally trip !!!
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Peruvian (The best in the world)
Drink: Sprite (Open your Mind)
TV Show: That 70s Show
Movie: The Avengers
Video Game: Mega Man 3 (Nintendo)
Album: Luke Fair and Desyn Massielo – In House we Trust 3
Track / Song: The Human League – Don’t you want me baby
Producer / Band: Depeche Mode
Record Label: Kompakt
Nightclub: HOME (Perú)
DJ: Luke Fair
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
LUKE FAIR – ULTRAVIOLET (ORIGINAL MIX) BEDROCK
‘Heart & Soul’ is out now on Baroque Digital , can purchase the release: here