Paul Hazendonk’s Manual Music has a brand new 16 track compilation out this week, including a track from the man himself, we caught up with Paul for a What’s In Your Box episode to find out what’s been rocking his dance floors this month.
1. Anthony Yarranton – Tip Assist (Chriss Ronson Cre8tion Remix) [Axon Recordings]
A funky groove monster that works well in every set at any hour for any crowd. A sure thing in my box (on my usb stick actually)
2. Tim Engelhardt & Autm – Paralyzed [Manual Music]
Recently found out that Tim’s only 16 years old but in my book he’s up there with the best. Fast rising star from Germany who is getting picked up by the right labels and supported by the right artists. His future is bright and so is this new collaboration with his buddy Autm. Well deep and intelligent!
3. Erdi Irmak – Inside You [MNL]
Very very deeeep and lush material here by Erdi Irmak on which will be the last release on my MNL for 2014. Was really impressed when I received this demo and I’m working hard to get this piece of art the attention it deserves!
4. Blond:ish – Wizard Of Love ft. Shawni [Rebirth]
Timeless piece of vocal dreamy deep house music. I’ve always been a sucker for sweet female vocals..
5. Sau Poler – Non Plus Ultra [Atomnation]
Perfect crossover tune between the current UK sound and the melodies and depth I love so much
6. Paul Hazendonk – Hack The Ripper [Manual Music]
Can’t go to a gig without bringing your own latest tune with you, now can you? Pretty much a straight forward techno builder this one, with a climax that seems to work very well on the dancefloor.
7. Neil Quigley – Here Goes Nothing [Tulipa Recordings]
Deep building monster of a tune with a lot of proper low end, loving it!
8. Christian Prommer – Marimba (Jon Charnis remix) [Compost]
Actually missed this when it first came out but Dustin Nantais played it in the car when he picked me up from the airport when I was in Toronto last month. Straight into my top 10 tracks of the year for sure. Warm, funky and vibey.. A sure thing in each set!
9. Dario D’Attis – 96000 [Hive Audio]
Every set needs at least one acid fueled track. This is my current choice.
10. Jesper Ryom – Aviator (La Fleur remix) [Powerplant Records]
Quite cool to see the steps La Fleur has made in the last couple of years since I actually signed one of her first EP’s a couple of years back. She’s a sure thing in my sets as she finds the perfect middle between housey grooves and warm melodic deepness.
‘Hack The Ripper’ is out now on Manual Music, you can purchase the release: here