With Terje Saether’s ‘Save The Day EP’ out now on 238W, we take a look at his favourite tracks of the moment in the latest edition of What’s In Your Box?
My list of music that I listen to nowadays spans from an older yellow vinyl with Kylie (!) to my own bootleg of an extraordinary Norwegian artist. In between it’s filled with dubby techno, some uplifting house and floating progressive house. They’re not listed in any particular order, just what I like to play and listen to.
1. Florian Kruse, Hendrik Burkhard – Move In Slow Motion (Original Mix) [Poker Flat Recordings]
This is dreamy track with Burkhard’s beautiful vocal. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it, and always play it out to much success.
2. Kieran Fowkes, Yousef – Let Go (Original Mix) [Circus Recordings]
With a driving, classic house-bassline and lifting vocals, this track just makes me want to shake my butt and let go..
3. Simon Baker – Plastik (Todd Terje Mix) [KNM]
Everything my brother-in-name touches become gold, and this is no exception. I’m a sucker for the arp’ed synth and slow, dubby grooves. And this track really has that, and more! A track that makes you nod your head and just smile.
4. Human Life – In It Together (Director’s Cut Signature Togetherness) [Defected]
I’m a sucker for vocal house tracks, and this is the real deal. When the classic house piano kicks in.. nice!
5. Aurora – Nature Boy (Terje Saether Blue Remix)[2nd Drop Records]
Aurora is a Norwegian singer that has an amazing voice and really got famous through the John Lewis Christmas Ad. I just love her singing, and had to make a bootleg-remix of her track Nature Boy.
6. Booka Shade – Neon Gods feat. Daudi Matsiko (Original Mix) [Knee Deep In Sound]
Booka always deliver, and this is no exception. With haunting, quirky and driving synths, and the always-successful vocals, this is a winner for me!
7. Kylie Minogue – Slow (Chemical Brothers Remix) [Parlophone UK]
This is a track I rediscovered when I went through my records. The vinyl is a unlabeled, yellow disc, and you gotta love the colored vinyls! I have always loved the Chems, and have had a secret crush on Kylie, so this combo is a perfect blend of the acid beats of the Chems and Kylies sexy slow vocals..
8. Sonsez & Erman – Transition (Monojoke Remix) [238 W]
This is more on the proggy side, and it sounds – for me at least – like the good old progressive house tracks from the early 2000, with a fresher sound of course. Filled with the sweet ‘close your eyes’-feeling, the one where you stand at Mambo in Ibiza and wait for the sun to set..
9. Pedestrian, Jasperdrum – Origins (Original Mix)
I loved the quirky samples and strange, tribal beat the first time I heard this on Soundcloud, counting the days until it was released. I love the strangeness and groove in this track.
10. Trentemøller feat. Sune Rose Wagner – Deceive (Original_Mix) [In My Room]
I have always liked spooky and moody, dark music, and this is a perfect example. Haunting vocals, weird sounds and orchestral instruments sets me in a perfect mood. And of course the LFO-lead.. it always works!
‘Save The Day’ is out now on 238W, you can purchase the release: here