With Tim Engelhardt’s latest single ‘Cara’ getting released on Manual Music this week, we take a look at his favourite tracks of the moment in the latest edition of What’s In Your Box?
1. Johannes Klingebiel ‘Latewood’ [Feines Tier]
“This is so to say my cologne summer record this year. I love it so much.“
2. Maher Daniel ‘Into The Stars’ (Original Mix) [No. 19 Music]
“I’ve been into this dreamy style of house mainly consisting of percussion and melodies lately, such a good combination. Soul music!“
3. Arp Aubert ‘Moshislongo’ [Ki Records]
“I guess Arp Aubert takes a lot of time for his music, but that’s cool, he always delivers unique stuff that is a bit off the dancefloor radar and always so beautiful.
4. Steve Bug ‘Pants On Fire’ [Poker Flat]
“Steve has done a superb job on this. It’s on fire, literally!“
5. Robert Babicz ‘Density Disrupted’ [Bedrock]
“I wish this would get some more attention. Probably the best bassline I heard this year and a wonderful track!“
6. Ludwig Zibell ‘Kierwang’ [LIKE]
“LIKE is a super cool label family from Cologne. They just released this one… the synths kill me, so good.“
7. Tim Engelhardt ‘Everything Is All You Have’ [Poker Flat]
“I just needed to include this. I’m rarely in love with my releases, but this one I truly adore. For me it’s the start of something exciting and new, joining the Poker Flat family.“
8. Erdbeerschnitzel ‘With Level Hopes'[Delsin]
“This one is really special to me. I’ve had this on repeat for some months and it is just so lovely, never cliché or hard to listen. Just some good music for good times.
9. Lonya ‘Dancing In The Rain'[Sudbeat]
“My dear friend from Tel-Aviv Lonya released this track on Sudbeat… super growling bassline and good groove. love it“
10. Tim Engelhardt ‘Cara’ [Manual Music]
“A single that has always meant a lot to me, but I am still not sure if I really like it. All people told me to get this out, so I did and I’m happy it will be released on a good label. Even though I doubt I will ever find out if I really like it – at times I do, but most of the time I just can’t listen to this one.“
‘Cara’ is out now on Manual Music, you can purchase the release: here