The LP is set to turn some heads!
Mees Salomé is a 22 year old producer from the Netherlands who is a self taught guitarist, piano player and drummer. He mixes real melody with solid groove and counts the likes of Reinier Zonneveld, Joris Voorn, Kolsch and many more as fans. This new album shows off a broad array of sounds and skills and is sure to make him an even more essential talent.
Things open with Natural, a tender and thoughtful deep house groove with great keys and chords that take you into outer space. Letting Go is even more out there and suspense you in beautifully ambient keys and chords as gentle, soft drums tumble below. From there the likes of Just Thoughts get a little more driven but have gorgeous vocals from Mees himself that are really emotive, and the rushing chords of Like A Flock Of Birds In The Sky that wash over you and fill you with joy.
Maybe has rubbery house drums but more expansive synths open up the track into the cosmos, Children of Men is darker and the latter half of the album shows a more club orientated sound with great grooves and heads down atmospheres. Unseen is another glorious track with celestial keys and synth lines and Sap shuts things down in epic fashion with dramatic drums and huge chords that leave you feeling cleaned and optimistic.
1. Mees Salomé – Natural (Original Mix)
2. Mees Salomé – Letting Go (Original Mix)
3. Mees Salomé – Just Thoughts (Original Mix)
4. Mees Salomé – Like A Flock Of Birds In The Sky (Original Mix)
5. Mees Salomé – Maybe (Original Mix)
6. Mees Salomé – Children Of Men (Original Mix)
7. Mees Salomé – Crybaby (Original Mix)
8. Mees Salomé – Only (Original Mix)
9. Mees Salomé – Athereal (Original Mix)
10. Mees Salomé – Slipping (Original Mix)
11. Mees Salomé – Unseen (Original Mix)
12. Mees Salomé – Sap (Original Mix)