Introducing our new best of the month features, starting with scene icon ‘Quivver’, who selects his biggest dance floor rocking tracks of the month.
1. Dave Seaman – Donkey Engine – Selador
This track has all the ingredients of a proper peak-time banger. A solid groove, stuttering synth stabs, cool vocal elements and a massive, chaotic breakdown. BIG!
2. Frankey & Sandrino – Gamma Ray – Innervisions
Quality as always from Frankey, teaming up here with Sandrino for this hypnotic, melodic workout.
3. Quivver – I’m Bob – Bedrock
Very happy with this one, been going off at all my gigs for the last couple of months. Definitely one of the biggest things I’ve done lately.
4. Gaga & Mateo! – Hex (Original Mix) – Dark Face Recordings
I’m a big fan of this label and both of these producers make amazing music on their own so I had a feeling this was gonna be a dark, twisted, bomb – and I was not disappointed!
5. Ten – Original Mix – Bedrock
This tune was a rather random, experiment of a track that turned out pretty well. A breaky, disco loop underneath a processed & re-processed bass groove with some rasping synth lines, mad stuttering vocals and a Didgeridoo thrown in for good measure. Sounds weird as fuck but I think it works 🙂
6. Ruede Hagelstein & justin Evans – Drueben – Do Not Sit on The Furniture
Ruede’s flawless production creates a big, dark, breathing soundscape. Perfect for early doors or after hours.
7. Clawz SG & Soul Button – Catharsis – Steyoyoke
Quality production, steering away from the obvious. Been playing this out a lot.
8. Sharam – The Rain Feat. Bengle – Yoshitoshi
Love the bassline & groove on this. Beautiful vocal melodies give it a wicked mix of darkness & light.
9. Nopi (UA) – Reboot – Akbal Music
An enchanting, hypnotic trip of a track. The other two tracks on this Ep are equally amazing.
10. Denney & D Ramirez – Raven – Crosstown Rebels
Another deadly combination, Denney & D Ramirez deliver the fattest bassline of this top ten. Sounds huge in a club!