Alex Kennon is a chef in the studio, cooking up tracks for labels like Saved Records, VIVa MUSiC, Circus Recordings and Crosstown Rebels, but he is also a dab hand when it comes to cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
Alex Kennon: “When I come back home after a long weekend away, I love to cook. This is a dessert which I make often as its really healthy with no added sugar and uses organic products and superfoods like pure cocoa and avocado. It’s really easy to make too, takes hardly any time and they can be taken on the road as a snack. I feel like cooking is very much like music, you can interpret the rules and change things to how you feel or want”.
Alex’s Avococoa Truffles
80g of very dark chocolate (70% minimum)
10g of unsalted butter
Cocoa powder (for dusting)
1. Melt all the chocolate and butter together in a pan on a low heat, be sure it doesn’t burn and keep stirring.
2. Slice open the avocado, remove all the flesh and mash with a fork until you get it really smooth and creamy
3. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture gradually and mix, until its smooth and combined
4. But this into a bowl or tray and then into the freezer for 45 mins to an hour
5. Take out after an hour, and using a warm spoon or melon baller you can scrape the mixture into small balls / truffles
6. Once all have been formed, lay on a tray and dust with cocoa powder and leave in the fridge so they do not melt!
You can catch Alex DJ’ing at the Printworks in London on the 28th March where he will be playing on the same line up as Green Velvet. Tickets available from HERE