The 117th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer DJ Borra.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Future Sound Of London – Papua New Guinea, I was 13 years old when I heard this song and this is definitely one of the songs that are my eternal top 10, I think the song was released in 1991.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first gig was in 1994, the last was a few days ago on 15 November
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
It is very difficult to remember, but I think it was:
2 unlimited – Tribal Dance……the last was – Omid 16b – Same As You
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I cannot say with precision, I’ve played with many well known for artists like:
Martin Roth, Sultan, Sied van Riel, Max Graham, Chicane and so on.
As a DJ I think I have reached a fairly high level, but as a producer there is a lot more I can learn.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I’m still working on Windows XP
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Probably they are many and I cannot know all of them, but Mehmet Akar and Napalm are definitely one of them.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Guy J, Guy Gerber
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Future Sound Of London – Papua New Guinea and I would love to be remixed by Sasha… J
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Sudbeat, Lost & Found, Sound Avenue/3rd Avenue, Stellar Fountain, Suffused, Balkan Connection, OLD SQL… there’s more, but I cannot list all of them.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Hernán Cattáneo – Renaissance – The Masters Series (2004)
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: Beer, whisky
TV Show: I do not watch TV!
Movie: 6th sense
Video Game: No games!
Album: “Love Deluxe” – Sade
Track / Song: “ In the air tonight” – Phil Collins
Producer / Band: Thievery Corporation
Record Label: I have no favorite
Nightclub: I have no favorite
DJ: John Digweed
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Of course the one who turned me on electronic music: Future Sound Of London – Papua New Guinea
DJ Borra’s remix of Kaan Koray ‘Utopia’ is out now on 3rd Avenue, you can purchase the release: here