The 152nd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer PHM.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Depeche Mode – In Your Room. Still, my favourite song!
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
It was in 2007 I think, in a small bar in my hometown, but no clear memory of that night.
My last gig was last May in Cologne at a BergWacht event.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Depeche Mode – Ultra LP on a cassette.
Last piece I downloaded was Ben Frost – Venter (HTRK Remix).
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Tensnake including ‘A Moment Stolen’ (Wide Angle Rec) in his Mixmag CD,
my first international gig in Cologne in 2013 and Laurent Garnier playing a loot ‘Spotless Mind’ which is one of the first tracks I made without using any samples.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I like dogs more than people!
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Olaf Stuut and Dual Shaman are my favorite newcomers at the moment.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
James Holden, Jon Hopkins, DJ Koze, Roland M. Dill.. these are the artists that are always pushing the boundaries.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Would love to remix and to be remixed by any of the artists I mentioned above.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Innervisions, Pampa, Kompakt, Bedrock, microCastle, Ki.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
James Holden – At The Controls
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Octopus, veal, pomegranate.
Drink: Orange juice, water.. I dont drink alcohol.
Drug: Anything natural.
TV Show: Lost, Breaking Bad, House of Cards.
Movie: Inception, Her, V for Vendetta, Blow, Black Swan, The Game, Irreversible…
Video Game: GTA, Watch Dogs, Football Manager
Album: Holden – The Inheritors
Track / Song: Depeche Mode – The Darkest Star (James Holden Remix)
Producer / Band: James Holden / Radiohead
Record Label: Border Community
DJ: Holden, obviously haha.
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Radiohead – How To Disappear Completely
‘Lethe’ is out now on Manual Music, you can purchase the release: here