The 155th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Nick da Cruz.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Kraftwerk – Spacelab
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first DJ gig was in 1988, playing different styles in a teen disco and my last DJ gig was as headliner for an afterhour in a small club in my hometown.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
I think the first one was “Stars On 45″ and the last one was “Various Artists – Freaks Vol. 1″.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
There was no real highlight for me in my career yet. I am waiting for.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Every time when I’m alone and hearing good music I have to dance.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Sorry no idea. There are so many good guys out there.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Robert Babicz, Ugly Drums, Markus Schatz, Bill Wilson aka Jackob Session
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would like to remix Aura Dione, I like her voice very much. And I would love to be remixed by Robert Babicz.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Material Series and its sub labels.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
La Nuit Vol. 7
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: salad & meat
Drink: water & tea
Drug: music & sex
TV: Breaking Bad / The Walking Dead
Movie: all X-Men movies
Video Game: I don’t play any video games.
Album: Nick da Cruz & Jackob Session – “Black Sheep” –
Track / Song: The Avener – “Fade Out Lines” –
Producer / Band: Robert Babicz, Ugly Drums, Daniel Slam
Record Label: Material Series, Playmobil
Nightclub: Studio Club, Essen / Germany
DJ: DJ Davey Dee, Alle Farben, Daniel Slam
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
I think my first release on vinyl, “Trump”
Nick’s remix (in conjunction with Jacob Session) of ‘The Reason I Believe’ by Jon Hatter is out now on Symmetric Records, you can purchase the release: here