The 103rd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Andy Arias.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
I think the first time i fell in love with electronic music was with Satoshi Tomiie – Virus (Main Path) [Saw Recordings], i heard that track in a club on the Argentinian coast. It take me a year to find that 12’.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
The first, I think at the end of the 2002, my first parties were after-hours in the city i was born. Really really cool!! A friend take’s me there the first time and I that moment I knew that “play music” was for me.
And my last gig was a private birthday party a week ago, a long set for drunken friends 🙂
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
My first electronic record was Bedrock – Heaven Scent [Bedrock Records], a massive and viral track in that moment, everyone’s played it.
And my last purchase is Loule Fresco – Missunderstood (Deep Mariano Remix) [No.19Music]
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I just release a Remix of Ivory Streets – Modjo on the Hernan Cattaneo’s Balance Series, i think is that! But a couple a years ago Armin Van Buuren played a remix i made on the Madison Square Garden and that was really great for me. The crazy thing that something i made in my little studio was reproduced in that place was a very big moment too!
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
That I’m a great cook!
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Absolem! maybe in a couple of years you will listen to him!
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
At the moment i like a lot Chaim’s productions, i think its a monster, really admire him. Tale Of Use and Dubspeeka are huge too!
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would love to make a remix of Roland Klinkenberg feat. Dj Remy – Mexico Can Wait, i love it! And i would love to be remixed by Charlie May, it always delivered massive production .
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Innervisions, Get Physical Music, Last Night on Earth, Tronic, Systematic… just a few.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
John Diqweed – Transitions Number 1
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drug: Beer & Weed
TV Show: Only footboal
Movie: You don’t mess with the Zohan
Video Game: Virtual Tennis
Album: Massive Attack, Mezzanine
Track / Song: Time of Pink Floyd, but the Easy Star All Stars version. It always full me of energy!
Producer / Band: Massive Attack
Record Label: Innervisions
Nightclub: State, Buenos Aires
DJ: John Digweed
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Thomas Smith – Retina Scan
‘Shouted Novel’ is out now on Tim Penner’s Slideways Music, can purchase the release: here