The 121st episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Fernando Ferreyra.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
I always been crazy about music and technology as well, but was Jean Michel Jarre’s masterpiece “Oxygene” the point break that hooked me up for life.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
I really can’t remember the year but I think it was on a local Disco about the early 90’s, and my last one was in “Exchange” on Rio Cuarto, Argentina, sharing booth with Matías Chilano.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first record I bought was Erasure – The Two Ring Circus (1987) and the last one Pink Floyd – The endless river (2014).
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I think my best achievement as a dj was to be resident for “Renaissance The Collective Tour” in Rosario City (Argentina).
On the other side I’m really proud & happy to be resident and having a top show #1 (Dreamers), on one of the best internet based radio around the world called “Frisky Radio”.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
What could I say I’m a music lover almost a fanatic, this is what I love and I try to do my best on every track, show and performance. I’m a perfectionist.- This year is so important for me because at 40 years old I’m going to be a father for the first time!.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
There are many upcoming talents like German Angeleri, Nicolás Petracca, Ezequiel Anile, Robert R. Hardy, Nacho Varela just to name a few, and I love each track coming from them.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Artists that inspires me Jean Michel Jarre, Pink Floyd, Vangelis, Hans Zimmer y and obviously my father.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
My dream is to work with Pink Floyd, p.e Shine On You Crazy Diamond, but I think is just a dream for now…. And I’d love to be remixed by Guy J.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
I have no favorite for this days, I just dig all of them to choose between those tracks that make my particular way.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
I really don’t listen to dj’s mixes.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Asado, Sushi.
Drink: Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Some Bourbon whiskey.
Drug: I’m too old for drugs.
TV Show: The Big Bang theory, The Simpsons.
Movie: The Back To The Future Trilogy (I’m a crazy fan).-
Video Game: Miss Pac-Man, Mario Bros 2 – 3.
Album: Jean Michel Jarre – Oxygene.
Track / Song: Pink Floyd – Shine On You Crazy Diamond (I-V, VI-IX).
Producer / Band: Jean Michel Jarre, Pink Floyd, Vangelis, Hans Zimmer.
Record Label: I have no favorite.
Nightclub: I have no favorite.
DJ: I have no favorite.
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Definitely one of my tracks, I could say “Mistery” for a sentimental value.
‘Times’ is out now on Soundteller Records, you can purchase the release: here