The 132nd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Ubbah.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Booka Shade & M.A.N.D.Y – Body Language.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first gig was in a local club named La Colmena, in October of 2013. My last gig was 2 months ago on a great underground party named Involver.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first record was Red Hot Chili Peppers – Californication album (1999). The last one was Tim Paris – Extreme Nails (Jon Charnis & Hands Free Remix).
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I have to say that after knowing Madloch (Sound Avenue owner) and signing my upcoming release with 3rd Avenue, Im receiving very good feedbacks from great producers.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Before deciding that I wanted to get 100% involved with music, I began to study Information Systems… But it didn’t work.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Ukka, an Argentinian producer, his tracks are really amazing. He is now starting to receive great feedbacks.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
That is hard to answer, I have to say that producers like Mind Against, Maceo Plex, Bedouin and others. Their music is full of interesting melodies, great grooves and dark sounds.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would love to remix any track from Fur Coat, their tracks are really good. It would be great to be remixed by Snilloc.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Life & Death, Steyoyoke, Lost & Found, microCastle, Akbal, Poker Flat, Sound Avenue and Diynamic.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Guy J – Continuous Mix (Balance Music), definitely.
11. Current Favorites (you can list more than one per category if you like).
Food: Shrimps, Sorrentinos.
Drink: Sprite, Campari.
Animal: 2 dogs (Dobermans).
TV Show: Ghostbusters.
Movie: Star Wars (all of them).
Video Game: Mario Bros.
Album: Jamiroquai – A Funk Odyssey (2001).
Track / Song: Jamiroquai – Corner of the earth.
Producer / Band: Nicolas Jaar, Mano Le Tough.
Record Label: Life & Death, Ellum, Steyoyoke, Diynamic and others.
DJ: Tale Of Us.
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
I would like to close with one of my own tracks, so that track would be In The Desert.
‘In The Desert’ is out now on 3rd Avenue, you can purchase the release: here