The 143rd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Diyo.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Unkle – In state (Sasha Remix)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first dj gig was in 2005 in a barbershop, a fun occasion where very crazy people jumping from his chair to dance. And my last one was in a little town near from Buenos Aires Capital city named Campana. It was a great night!
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
I don’t remember exactly the first one but maybe could have been Space Manoeuvres – Part three (Pole Folder Main Mix) or Dousk – Estrange or maybe Jeff Bennet – strange items. My last one was Hernan Cattaneo & SX – Altair (Guy J Remix) love this track and his amazing groove!
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
All my career is wonderful, I have strong moments like when Hernan Cattaneo choose one of my tracks to close his album “Parallel” (Rennaisance Master Series) or when I opened a great festival the first night of carnival in Brazil. Of course, all moments are very good in special when a sit in my chair to make some music, that moment is awesome.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I don’t know if it’s going to surprise you but music in my life is just a great hobby, my real job is to serve my own company and to be a husband and father of 2 beautiful kids, Ambar and Mijael.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Sometimes it is very difficult to some big dj put attention on you so, I think everyone who’s making music right now and is striving hard to be able to become heard by some great dj deserve to be named but to be name a few… Marcelo Vasami, Mike Griego, Dark Soul Project, JJ Salinas and Santiago Garcia are great Dj/producers
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Guy J, Guy Gerber, Eelke Kleijn, Sasha, Robert Babicz, King Unique, Martin Buttich, Guy Mantzur, Cid Inc and Silinder.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would love to remix Guy J and will be an honor that Mr Alexander Coe (Sasha) takes my sounds and turn it into the wonderful sounds that usually does.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Ahah you right! But there are historic levels that never fail like Bedrock, Sudbeat, microCastle, Tulipa, Saved, Parquet, Proton, Manual and more. And there is a couple of new levels that are awesome like Lost & Found, Natura Sonoris and Golden Wings.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
I love music, I can’t choose only one… Involver is a masterpiece, Sequential by Hernan Cattaneo and GU by Sasha (Ibiza and San Francisco ) But I think Guy J is going to surprise soon.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: I love shawarma
TV Show: The big bang theory
Movie: Diario de motocicleta
Video Game: Kung fu master
Album: Involver (Sasha), Dark Side of the moon (Pink Floyd) Nevermine (Nirvana)
Track / Song: Sasha – Mr Tiddles / Bob Marley – Could you be love
Producer / Band: Guy J / Pink Floyd / The Beatles
Record Label: Bedrock, Sudbeat, Lost & Found
Nightclub: Pacha Buenos Aires and Amnesia Ibiza
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo my master, my mentor
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
It’s very rare that i play my own tracks, I don’t know what. But in this case, my last track will be Diyo – Underlight. This track is very special for me, it makes me happy repeatedly, so i would be very proud to play it and close that venue.
Diyo’s remix of East Cafe ‘No Need To Hide’ is out now on Golden Wings Music, you can purchase the release: here