The 146th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Luciano Scheffer.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Timo Maas – Der Schieber 2 B Sides 2000 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY9r867TwCc
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first gig was in my hometown, there was a band playing and at the intervals I played house music, this in 2002. And the last was in 2014, in November at Mono Club – SP.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
First it was an LP – Jean Michel Jarre – Waiting For Cousteau (1990) I have asked my mother to buy, I was 10 years old … LOL. And the last track I bought was “Time To Treasure (Original Mix) – Sahar Z, Guy Mantzur”.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
As Dj, I don’t have too many gig’s in my resume, something I want to evolve in that year of 2015, but as a producer undoubtedly was my EP Alamo. This album has one incredible remix of Spacebeat and we can be the best selling music of the label “BC2”. Undoubtedly a great honor!
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I used to be a goalkeeper, a good goalkeeper when I was young and I can prove it, look at the video: http://vimeo.com/17762685 …:-)
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Two Brazilians I know, Henrox and Rodrigo Daltro. Also some that are already earning more space and deserve my respect and attention: Sethdarius, Julian Dep, Nicolas Pettraca, Michael Claveria, Kissoff, Ilias Kat and Alex Preda who already answered this interview and is a great talent in my opinion!
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Jean Michal Jarre, Julian Rodriguez, Martin Berger, Audio Noir, AudioStorm, Billy Alex, Simos Tagias, Sahar Z, Guy Mantzur, Cid Inc, Navar, Guy J… wow, so many big producers!
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I would like to remix and be remixed by Guy J, Cid Inc and Hernan Cattaneo for sure.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Massive Harmony and BC2 are relatively new labels, which give opportunities to new talents, always trying to maintain the highest level of their releases. And among the major record labels I really like Sudbeat and Lost & Found.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Of all the times is hard to say, but in recent times sure the album “Time” – Sahar Z and Guy Mantzur.
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Barbecue (Picanha)
TV Show: Lost / Person of Interest
Video Game: PS3 – Gta V
Album: Jean Michel Jarre – Oxygene (1976)
Track / Song: Mathew Dekay – Tileloos
Producer / Band: Guy j and Jean Michael Jarre
Record Label: Massive Harmony, BC2, Traum
DJ: Fernando Ferreira e Hernan Cattaneo
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Jean Michel Jarre – Oxygene 2
Luciano’s remix of Nicolas Petracca ‘Delerious’ is out now on System Recordings, you can purchase the release: here