The seventeenth episode of our 12 Questions segment features Peter Wagner who has long been considered one of Portugal’s best underground producers. Peter has a new single out this week on Sound Avenue entitled ‘I Can’t Hear You’, please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with him below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Peter: “Cevin Fisher – Love You Some More” is one of the tracks that stand since the times that I started attending raves. Even today I find myself singing “I Want You, Love You some more, I need you, Love You Some more” 😀
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Peter: My first gig was when I was 20 at Alabastro Music Café in Albufeira in southern Portugal where I worked as as Barman. The bar owner was DJ and with his records always there around quickly i´ve start playing.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Peter: I can´t remember what was the first record, was a long time ago;) the last one was the tune “Topper – Epilogue (Fenis Remix)”.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Peter: I think this is perhaps one of the highlights of my career, apart from being releasing with with some great names as Dimitri Nakov, James Monro, Moosfiebr, Johnson, Maverickz, Vazik, etc. I’m signing into some good labels such as Iboga, Baroque, Stereo Seven Plus, Flow, Movement, among many others and i´ve been start playing outside of my homeland, looming up my 3rd tour in the northern Europe with gigs in Helsinki-Finland and Tallinn-Estonia.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Peter: In addition to DJ / Producer, I am a great lover and practitioner of skateboarding. I’m extremely tidy, a little manic with the house cleanings, I spend a lot of time at homeand I like to have everything neat and tidy around me.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Peter: This one goes to my label partner Diogo Ribeiro, for me is one of the most complete, consistent and unique artists with an astounding quality on his varied projects presented as “Live” such as Diogo Ribeiro (Live), TJAK, Cooltour.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Peter: Max Cooper, Microtrauma, Monaque, SQL, Sebastian Boldt, N’to
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Peter: I would love to remix for Max Cooper and I would love to be remixed by John Digweed (I know, I wish to much”. ahahah
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Peter: Traum, Cocoon, Ideal Audio is defo my favourites that standout for me.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Peter: “Moving Forward 4” released on Sounds Of Earth Records Mixed and Compiled by Vazik it´s a good one not just because there´s my track “Differently Crazy” 😀
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Chicken with honey and mostard sauce
Drink: Vodka Apple
Animal: My boxer dog
TV Show: No time for TV
Movie: The Man Who Stare At Goats
Video Game: Golden Axe
Album: Raz Ohara & The Odd Orchestra
Track / Song: Jan Blomqvist – Black Hole Night
Producer / Band: SQL
Record Label: 24 Hours Records
Nightclub: Club Venue (Helsinki – Finland)
DJ: Sebastian Leger
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Peter: Timo Maas feat Kelly – Help Me
Peter’s ‘I Can’t Hear You’ is out now on Sound Avenue, you can purchase the release: here