The 30th episode of our 12 Questions segment features Adam Werderits aka Adwer. The Hungarian producer has a new single entitled ‘Kolibri’ out on Baroque Records. Please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with him below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Adwer: That must be The Robots by Kraftwerk.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Adwer: My first gig was a semi-live act with lots of equipment borrowed from friends and took place in the Sziget festival in Hungary, in 2000. The last one was in Cali, Colombia a few weeks ago.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Adwer: The first one was ‘Spiral’ by Vangelis, the last one was ‘Delta Machine’ by DM
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Adwer: I’d say that it is happening now ! Suddenly, after all those years of “background work”, just out of the blue, my track called ‘Kolibri’ just have been remixed by a legendary producer (Quivver) who I used to listen to in the early years, I think it is a highlight! Also I will have a promo guestmixes on Proton and Frisky radio these days.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Adwer: I’m a life extensionist and a cosmopolitan
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Adwer: Well, it depends who do we call.. I’d say that all those producers who strive to make geniune sounds and innovative electronic music and they do it good, but they are overshadowed by the EDM bubble, remain undiscovered to many, because they cannot reach their public due to lack of proper management (and money)
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Adwer: Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Vangelis, Apparat, Charlie May, Barry Jamieson, Jon Hopkins, Mind Against, Kangding Ray, Solomun, Guy J, King Unique, Minilogue..too many to list!
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Adwer: An official remix for Depeche Mode would be ace! I’d love to be remixed by Henry Saiz, Stefan Bodzin, Hot Since 82, Lank, Tale of Us to name a few.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Adwer: I think there are a lot of great labels in this big mess, to name a few: Life & Death, Raster-Noton, Ellum, Herzblut, Natura Sonoris, Delsin, Selador, Traum, Ostgut Ton, Truesoul, Parquet, Turbo, Vakant..
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Adwer: Northern Exposure II CD2
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: Coke on the rocks
Drug: a Depeche Mode or a Faithless concert
TV Show: Simpsons
Movie: Glengarry Glen Ross
Video Game: Splinter Cell, Resident Evil
Album: Kangding Ray – Solens Arc
Track / Song: Materium/Primary by Alex Niggemann
Producer / Band: Jon Hopkins, Maceo Plex, Mind Against
Record Label: Life & Death, Ellum
DJ: Sasha, Digweed, Tale of Us, Henry Saiz
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Adwer: Dominik Eulberg & Gabriel Ananda – Space Between Us
Adwer’s ‘Kolibri’ is out now on Baroque Records, you can purchase the release: here