The 32nd episode of our 12 Questions series features Diego Azocar. The Argentinian producer has a brand new EP entitled ‘Coming Back to Life’ out now on System Recordings. Please enjoy our 12 Questions segment with Diego below.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Diego: My first song Faithless Insomnia for me is a before and after my love of electronic music.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Diego: My first performance was in 2003 at a private party being held at my residence in my city, then my last event was in a pub very inhabited weekends in my city, yet no international presentation does not know a . But I would love to.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
Diego: My first album I bought was in 1996, called Remix D ‘Mode, was a compilation of house music and techno commercial house. And my last album you buy is the Bedrock label, Michael De Hey that came out recently!
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Diego: Having made thousands of people dance to my song RECALL before being edited by Baires Records label in 2012 Creamfields Buenos Aires, with the help of my highest regards of the international electronic music as it is our lord Hernan Cattaneo which I very many thanks from me!
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Diego: That could play anywhere in the world and always not disappoint the public not stagnate in one style, but the more I look when I play electronic music track. Very few artists do today. For me it is very important that the public likes the pace you carry on a dance floor.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Diego: I have no special or unique artist, today we have very many to choose from but I rely more on their sounds when listening to them, not so much as it is fashionable or not. The main reference is Guy J when performing my music productions, then I love what he does techno Adam Beyer in part or in Coyu tech house dancer who has, more increasingly vary as much as the artists or producers dj . And I think a good expectation for new talent.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Diego: As I was saying in the previous footnote. inspire me much Guy J, Adam Beyer, Hot Since 82, Nick Muir, Skiver, Derek Howell, Coyu, Adrian Hour, Maceo Plex, Nick Warren, John Deminicis, among others!
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Diego: I’d love to do a remix of a song by Spanish artist Marc Marzenit and being remixed by or Coyu which is also of Spanish origin, has very nice modern sound.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Diego: For me as a producer, working with stamps has its disadvantages in economic, but once you are on the scene believe that with hard work you can achieve position yourself financially depending on the success you have in your productions. Everything takes time.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Diego: The Master Series Renaissance Part 5 by Hernan Cattaneo (2004)
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drug: I do not use
TV Show: Dragon Ball GT
Movie: Forest Gump
Video Game: Assassins Creed
Album: Coldplay – A rush a blood to the head
Track / Song: Coldplay – Trouble
Producer / Band: Guy J
Record Label: Bedrock
DJ: Hernan Cattaneo
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Diego: My latest song called ‘Work of your hands’ by DIego Azocar
Diego’s ‘Coming Back To Life’ is out now on System Recordings, you can purchase the release: here