The 73rd episode of our 12 Questions segment features Mexican producer Neftali Blasko.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
Accadia – Into the Dawn (James Holden Remix) this track is for me one of the best of all time, a masterpiece which I remember back in 2001 blew my mind and nowadays still do it, no doubt this track solidified my love for electronic music.
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
My first gig was in which in that moment was one of the best clubs in Mexico City “Continental Dj Club“, that was back in 2004 and my last was last friday in a party in a old building, it was really good.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
The first record was Global Underground 012 – Buenos Aires – Mixed By Dave Seaman and my last was Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
So far the highlight of my career is been playing in Argentina, Ecuador and Colombia but recently been part of one of the best Internet radio stations ‘friskyRadio‘ where I have my own monthly show “Deep District“ this is a dream come true.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
Before have been involved in music I practiced skateboarding for 6 years, I had an appearance in a local magazine and I entered in local contests here in Mexico city and some other cities of here.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Now I have three in mind, I don’t know if they are undiscovered but I’m sure that they rock, first “METRIKA“ for me is the best Mexican producer, his music is outstanding , you should keep and eye on his work, then “2PEOPLE!“ they are a duo who are big friends of mine, they are doing a great job making music, their music creations are full of creativity. finally PINTO is an extremely talented producer, his music is so rad.
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
The one and only GUY J, he is my constant inspiration.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I’d love to remix Fur Coat and be remixed by them.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
For me stands out Mexican Record labels like Neim, Mexa Records, Disclosure Crew, Akbal Music, SOE, We Are Here Music, TRR and there are more, but specially this labels are doing a great job releasing amazing music, and foreign labels I think Innervisions always delivers great music.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
with eyes closed “John Digweed – Global Underground 019: Los Angeles“ best mix compilation ever.
11. Current Favourites
Drug: I don’t use drugs but if music was, then Music is my drug.
TV Show: Seinfeld, Xfiles and Kings of the Hill
Movie: The Selfish Giant and Guardians of the Galaxy
Video Game: Donkey Kong Returns
Album: Guy Gerber & Puff Daddy 11:11
Track / Song: David Bowie – Moonage Daydream
Producer / Band: Tame Impala
Record Label: Rumors
Nightclub: Rioma Club (Mexico)
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Definitely it would be Way Out West – The Fall (Bedrock Mix) which is included in Digweed’s 019 Global Underground
Neftali’s remix of Platunoff ‘Another Evolution’ is out now on Suffused Music, you can purchase the release: here