The 83rd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Eddie Bitz.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
“Dido – Thank You (Deep Dish remix)” from the Global Underground 021 compilation. This track is really open for me a door to electronic club music. I think that this track sounds are still relevant today!
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
Well… I’m not a DJ, you know. I very rarely make gigs. So that the first performance was at a small open-air in 2009. There was not a lot of people, but it was fun! The last gig was more than a year ago at the club last summer. At the party, on the birthday of my friend Mischa. It was cool! There was a good people and I played what I wanted.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
I think that the first was a something from ‘Scooter’ or something like that when I was much younger! And the last was a last Pryda’s release, in digital distribution ofcourse. I really havent bought anything on physical media for the long time. Wanna start to buying vinyl…
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I am very pleased that I answering on your “12 questions” right now. I think that all the fun just begins with this. So I’m just taking a Picture of this moment and This is will be the highlight for me!
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
My main official job at the moment – is a database administrator in the police!
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
I don’t really sure if they undiscovered, but I’m really love the sound of “Envotion”! These three guys makes a really magic electronic music with some retro spirit!
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
I think it will not be a surprise – Eric Prydz consistently inspire me! But I’m also listen all tracks by Fehrplay, Andre Sobota, Jeremy Olander, Grum, Michael Cassette, Guy J, Lifelike, DJ DLG, Gai Barone and many others. Inspirations are everywhere!
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I’d love to remix Envotion. And be remixed by Grum or Jeremy Olander for the first time.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
It’s hard to say for me, because I’m used to watch certain artists, not labels. Although, of course, there are a few labels that for me is a favorites: Pryda (and Pryda Friends), Intricate, microCastle, Anjuna and Lost & Found. Especially you have to pay attention to Intricate! It’s a very good label from Russia with many great releases in the style of progressive house, nu-disco, deep house etc. Every single release is filled with the spirit of old electronics from 80s. I really love this and I’m very proud that I can published on this label!
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
I’m not sure that I answer on your question correctly, but I really love the Eric Prydz’s mixes and my favorite is a Essential Mix @ Cream Privilege (Ibiza) (04-08-2013). Brilliant mix!
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Food: Steaks, sushi
Drink: Whiskey, CocaCola, Orange Juice, Water
Drug: No drugs!
Animal: My dog Fanta, and my cat Marcel
TV Show: Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, LOST, The Scrubs, House MD, The Simpsons
Movie: too much here… love the Tarantino’s movies so much
Video Game: Max Payne & Max Payne 2
Album: Genesis – We Can’t Dance, Royksopp – The Understanding, Depeche Mode – Violator, Oasis – Dig Out Our Soul
Track / Song: And One – Sometimes
Producer / Band: Eric Prydz for Producer, Poets Of The Fall for Band
Record Label: Pryda & Pryda Friends always makes me happy!
Nightclub: Something on Ibiza? I’m not sure
DJ: Prydz again. Sorry, but I’m a fan!
11. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Henry Saiz – All the Evil of This World
‘Pictures’ is out now on Baroque Records, can purchase the release: here