The 93rd episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Weepee.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
The true love for the progressive came with “16 Bit Lolitas – Sedna “
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
The first one was on the school party. The last one I think was in the Summer Terrace in Vilnius.
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
If we are talking about singles, the first Beatport purchase was Chris Palmer – Depth, in the early 2006 . Cannot say when I bought my first CD. I think it was VIVA hits, or Club Rotation from ~2000.
the last one: Few Nolder’s BOSO EP “Clouds”.
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
I’m still not sure that I reached something that could be mentioned. But I still hope, that the big highlights are still waiting for me.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I never attended music class, music school and even never watched “how to produce” tutorials.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
I Still hope, that Few Nolder will become as populiar as Ten Walls. He’s worth it
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
I think mostly Eric Prydz, Ten Walls and Maceo Plex.
They are totally different as musicians, but they never fail.
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
I do not think I would dare to remix someone, who I want to remix. I think masterpieces should not be remixed. Always wanted to have remix from the Tale Of Us. They making miracles with the vocals.
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days and the majority of people feel most of them are mediocre music factories. Which ones if any standout for you?
Ellum, Life and Death, Kompakt, Cocoon, Suara, Get Physical Music
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Renaissance with Sasha & Digweed. All 3 CD’s
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: organic juice
Drug: Latte coffee
TV Show: if show = series, then Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
Movie: LOTR, The Wolf Of Wall Street
Video Game: Grand Theft Auto V
Album: KiNK “Under Destruction”
Track / Song: Few Nolder “Clouds”
Producer / Band: Coldplay (the only non-electronic POP band which I like)
Record Label: Ellum
Nightclub: ŠMC (I wish it could be Opium)
DJ: Maceo Plex
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Hard to decide. Let it be: Robert Babicz – Dark flower (Joris Voorn Remix)
segment collected by Benjaminas Bagdonas.