The 94th episode of our 12 Questions segment features producer Spon.10.80.
1. If you had to pick one track which solidified your love for electronic music early on what would it be?
It’s incredibly difficult to name just one… Here’s a top 3? 🙂
Orbital – Impact USA
Furture Sound Of London – Expander
Meat Beat Manifesto – Original Control (Version 2)
2. What was your first and last DJ gig?
First DJ gig: A house party playing in the garage.
Most Recent DJ gig: This past weekend…
3. What was the first and last record you purchased?
1st: The first vinyl record that I remember buying with my own money, was actually a picture disc limited edition LP of ‘Bolt Thrower – Realm Of Chaos’
Honestly, I don’t think I can even remember specifically what the very last physical record I bought was (before switching to digital downloads)! I usually bought more than one release at a time and worked at a record shop…
4. What would you say is the highlight of your career thus far?
Esthetic Evolution Infinity, 2012
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I have a serious tropical fish aquarium hobby.
6. Who are some of the best undiscovered talents in your eyes?
Undiscovered? That’s pretty hard to define…
Some friends of mine here in Seattle that could only benefit from some better exposure are:
Luke Mandala, Joe Bellingham, Cyanwave, Sone, The Automatic Message, MiAH dEACON, NovaTRON
7. Which producers consistently inspire you?
Pig & Dan, Spektre, Cid Inc., David Granha, Loco & Jam, Max Cooper, Microtrauma, Mike Hulme, John Digweed, D-Nox & Beckers, Dusty Kid, Slam, Joel Mull, Electric Rescue, Etc…
8. What artist or track would you love to remix? and who would you love to be remixed by?
Hmmm.. How about, Future Sound Of London – Papua New Guinea
9. Record labels are a dime a dozen these days, which ones if any standout for you?
Totally know what you mean here… Bedrock, Iboga, Lot49, Drumcode, microCastle, Respekt, Soma, Traum, Tribal Vision, & Tronic all come to mind right now.
10. What would you say is the best mix compilation of all time?
Oh wow… um. How about Global Underground 023: Barcelona, James Lavelle
11. Current Favourites (you can list more than one per category if you like)
Drink: Water, Coffee, Vodka
Animal: Fish, Birds, Dog
TV Show: The Walking Dead, Game Of Thrones
Movie: Blade Runner, The Big Lebowski, Time Bandits
Video Game: Need For Speed
Album: The Orb – Orblivion
Track / Song: Electric Rescue – Lily
Producer / Band: Gabriel D’Or & Bordoy, Henry Saiz, Hunter Game
Record Label: Alleanza, Elevate, Innerflight
Nightclub: ETG, Monkey Loft, Rebar
DJ: Sasha, Simon Shackleton, Adam Beyer, Neurodriver, Jewel Kid, Pan-Pot, Spektre
12. If the final DJ/live set of your career was next week what would your last track be?
Pink Floyd – Fearless
segment collected by Benjaminas Bagdonas.