Nick Muir has always been a big fave here at C-U is best known for his work as a producer of electronic dance music both on his own and as one half of the Bedrock production team with John Digweed.
John Digweed and Nick Muir’s partnership has been one of electronic music’s most fruitful pairings. Between them, they’ve creating a body of work that’s seen them become one of the world’s most highly regarded production duos.
Together, they’ve been involved in many pivotal moments in the world of club music with their music even helping to define some genres.
Classic tracks like ‘For What You Dream Of’ and ‘Heaven Scent’ under Digweed and Muir’s Bedrock monkier, plus Nick’s own ‘Stoneage’ as Floorjam are widely regarded as classics, which are still played all over the world today.
Muir’s music has been used extensively in film and both he and John have written scores for, amongst others, ‘Stark Raving Mad’ (Newmarket films) and ‘Spiderman – the animated series’ which won a Dancestar award for Best Use of Music in a TV Show.
‘For What You Dream Of’ was famously used in the club scene of the phenomenally successful era defining film, ‘Trainspotting’.
Enjoy a live recording of Nick’s recent set in Uruguay recorded specially for our masters series by a master.
Tracklist – Nick Muir Live @ Uruguay 11.17
01. Dance Spirit – Thoughts Like Stars – Bedrock
02. Nick Muir – Mirror Walk – Bedrock
03. Nick Muir – Mirror Walk (Khen remix) – Bedrock
04. Gabriel Ananda vs John Digweed & Nick Muir – Tachyon Dream – Bedrock
05. J Da Davina – Additive – Digital Traffic
06. Spektre – Halcyon (Audiomatiques remix) – Unrilis
08. This History – Alberto Dimeo – SL Records
09. John Joseph & Javier Benitez – No Die
11. Weekend Heroes – Dufus (Scott James remix) – Beat Boutique Records
12. Tone Operator – Transitions – Aquasound
13. Gregor Tresher & Peter Dundov – Stellarius – GTO Recordings
14. Nick Muir – In The Room – Bedrock